Spare panels around handbrake

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay_3844

Reaction score
So, I want to put switches in the spare holes around the handbrake, im putting work lights facing towards the back. Does anyone know how to get wires behind that panel, around the handbrake? Or even a nice route to wiring from top of the roll bar.
Cheers guys

If it's anything like the D40's you should be able to come down the bar, between the tub and hut then into the hut behind the back seat then under the carpet to the handbrake console but I'm not sure if D22's have that vent behind the passenger seat.

I've also heard people suggest the grommets on the underbody (providing you seal them up properly) but I'm not sure that would be easier than the vent option if you've got it because I've used the vent for a few cables not and it's easy to do.

What Krafty said (Whats your first name ?)

The D22 has vents behind the back seat.

Dave.

Yea I saw that vent and investigated it, pulled seatbelt out from inside and can poke the wires through there. Vent only on one side yeah?
Thanks guys

It might be two slightly offset vents to make it a little more resistant to water and dust etc I can't remember that well but I do know I shoved my second battery cable (10m2), camera cable, and aux power cables through there without any problems. If I remember correctly there is either a rubber cover/flap on the outside or a small plastic piece but it shouldn't offer much resistance. The vents on the D40 also nearly match up with a hole in the wall of the tub which made getting the cabling to the second battery even easier.

i used 2 of those for my worklights, ran wires through the firewall and back up along tunnel. used the same grommet hole in firewall as i used for everything else going to cab. aux power, winch controls etc

I actually ran my internal cabling down from the vents and along the floor under the plastic mouldings around the door frames. There is heaps of room there and apart from a small area of resistance around the B pillar the cable run was dead easy. Once I was in the foot well all the aux power I needed ran behind the carpet and came out above the tunnel and the battery leads and stuff that needed to go through the firewall went through the grommet just under the fuse box on the passenger side firewall.

Lights are on, I decided to run wires down along bottom of chasis, to the relay at the battery. Then from the relay ran the wires through the grommit around the steering column, and up to the switch. Easy as, Thanks heaps. I even got side tracked and went and bought myself a UHF

I wanna get a UHF but am holding off till i know i can get one that supports the new channel stepping that is just around the corner. What did you get?

You'll find there is already quite a few on the market that do exactly that woz, not need to hold off for that reason alone.

I got a GME 3100. Small and compact, I mounted it between the handbrake and the drivers seat. Fits a treat. The Aerial I'm not too sure what it is, but its GME and its cost $120. It gives some decent range. Very Happy

Did you buy the radio locally or online Jay? I've done most of my radio shopping online in recent years, there was one guy in Traralgon who could fix radios but he disappeared about 5 years ago I think, otherwise I've never found a local place with decent knowledge on the subject of radios.

Sorry Krafty, it keeps signing me out and wont let me in.
I generally go to Traralgon 4WD centre or TJM if i have to.
I spoke to someone at battery power, but he's just a wanker in there, cant stand him. But i bought this from BCF cos it was only $220, $80 off.

Ditto on the bloke from battery power I had a huge stand up fight with him a few months ago, the problem I have is that I get a fairly sizable discount through there so when I need batteries it's too tempting not to go there. However I make sure I know what I want before I go in there and don't listen to anything he's got to say.

I got sick of Tgon 4WD centre too but then I got sick of him many years ago so I don't know what he's like these days. TJM are usually pretty good their prices are a bit high but most of the time their service is pretty good and they do seem to know their stuff. I had dealings with those guys on and off for about 15 years now, dammit I should be in line for a discount!!

On the dislike bandwagon still if you don't want crappy workmanship and blatant lying stay away from the mechanic near what used to be the Mobil depot. I wont use names because this is a public forum but he can rest assured he wont be getting business from anyone we know again.

Atleast i'm not the only one who cant stand that bloke at battery power. I was after a bullbar clamp, and Tgon 4WD sent me there they didnt have one. So as much as i didnt want to go in there, i headed in, and said a 2.5inch bullbar clamp. And he wanted me to tell him exact measurements. I said blowed if i no, what ever u have thats closest to 2.5". well he cracked the shits, got his verniers out and stormed out the front to measure it.

As for the one near mobile, i assume your talking bout head street? near LV Bus depot? Cant say ive been there, or any places up that street. Its definately a "Lock your doors" district around there!!

I actually quite like the bloke at TJM, but yes they are fairly pricey. I've only been there for advice so far.

TJM wanted $400 to fit my long range tank, I took it to Tgon 4WD and they did it for $110 so cant complain.

I went in to battery power to get a 7.2v gel cell, the same ones Jaycar sell for $24.95 and this guy wanted $76 for it, he claimed Jaycar batteries were cheap imports and would only last 6 months before it would swell up to double it's size and I'd be in his store begging for one of his high quality batteries. We've been using the same Jaycar 7.2v batteries in prawn lights for nearly 20 years and never had one swell up yet this guy tried to convince me it happened to all Jaycar batteries. But when I got my aux battery for the Nav $75 discount on a $180 battery is just too hard to resist so it;s a case of ignore the bullshit, know what you want and walk in and walk out with the least amount of talking as possible.

As far as Head St goes it's as good as any street in the area, I wouldn't be too worried about security around there I'd just be worried about some of the tradesman. I do a bit of business up and down Head St from time to time.

The tinting joint a few doors from TJM is still one of the best around for tinting and glass replacement and the auto elec around the corner from TJM (in the old bus depot) still has better service than anyone else in town. We used to use him for the trucks, sure he charged us a premium to come out and fix the truck at 2am on a Sunday morning but he never screwed us over and would get down to places like Meenyan within an hour or so of any call. There is still a few good guy left even in a town like Traralgon.

Latest posts

Back