D40 After market Rims

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nisnav40

Reaction score
Hi Guys , could you please give me some names and manufactureres of rims for the d40.
Have been searching then net for photos or names but cant find any .
Photos of members rides with rim name etc would also do .
Cheers.

How much do you want to speand and what size rims are you after. Beleive it or not its easier to get 22" than 16"
I currently run 17"x8" Victory's in Black by Speedy Australia.
Main reason is we have such a screwed up stud pattern. Other than the Navara/Frontier/Xterra from Nissan only a certain model of Dodge Durango has out stud pattern

Hi Aussie Frontier,
I only wantd to run either 16 x 8 or 17 x 8 .
It's hard to know what Nissan was thinking when they did this stud pattern.

here are a few of our choices but be aware they are damm hard to get in this country and you will have to try and find either someone who does import them or will import them for you
RT6.jpg

175.jpg

PXA1059.jpg

PXA1089.jpg

there are more if your interrested but beware they are not cheap
if you look in my gallery you will see my current wheels from Speedy called Victory's in Black.I got a good deal on them for just over $300 ea plus rubber but they are 17" as couldnrt find anything in 16" at the time

also be careful with the load rating on wheels as most SVU wheels are not rated and your insurance could be void if this is the case as well as warranty

well out of the above wheels only the last is still available as the others either just didnt sell enough or the manufacturer just didnt bother.
Most are designed as so called "0ff road" wheels .The stud pattern we run is used in the D40 and 1 maybe 2 years of the Dodge Durange. So in a nutshell its a truck or atruck .US wheels are usually cast stronger than others however with just about all wheels now made in China , well who knows.
At this stage wheels we can use are made by ProComp ,LiquidMetals,MB Motoring, American Racing and Eagle Wheels do wheels designed for our trucks but at 1 maybe 2 models each there isnt that much to choose from.

well out of the above wheels only the last is still available as the others either just didnt sell enough or the manufacturer just didnt bother.
Most are designed as so called "0ff road" wheels .The stud pattern we run is used in the D40 and 1 maybe 2 years of the Dodge Durange. So in a nutshell its a truck or atruck .US wheels are usually cast stronger than others however with just about all wheels now made in China , well who knows.
At this stage wheels we can use are made by ProComp ,LiquidMetals,MB Motoring, American Racing and Eagle Wheels do wheels designed for our trucks but at 1 maybe 2 models each there isnt that much to choose from.

you can say that again

well theere are heaps to choose from if you wanna run "O" Rings for tyres but if you want an AT type tyre then your pretty much stuck to 16" or 17"
This I have been promised by the manufacturer will fit our truck when it hits the market next month
buckshot_black_08.jpg

Last edited:
I have also been chasing rims for some time and instantly get pointed in the direction of 20' or 22's. Why do they screw this stud pattern up so badly, Does it need to be this way or did they just think that people that buy these cars or trucks don't need wheels....

I would like to go 20's in a 5 or 6 spoke pattern. Just need to get the funds sorted as they aren't cheap as you said. They will never see offroad except for the building sites but they should handle that ok....

there are heaps just search for wheels for a Nissan Frontier
just remember its mainly the US market that will drive it as to whats out there and our truck is a Frontier in the US
stud pattern is 6x114.3mm or 6x4.5"

the only down side with some of the wheels in the US is the offset. The ProComps and the American Outlaw wheels all stick out about 20mm on stock. That will have the wheels sticking just outside the wheel arch.Depending on your local regs this may or may not be legal

Latest posts

Back