Help for fitting Sub in 2010 ST

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoon1337

Reaction score
Bought an ST last week and I am quite happy with the stock speakers but I need more bass but I have noticed that unfortunately I am limited with space. Very limited. The rear seat does not come up and there is hardly any space at the rear firewall.

Has anyone mounted a sub in the ST or ST-X behind the rear seat? Maybe an 8" or 10" shallow mount sub in a custom box? It just seems like I wont make it.

I'm sure someone if not several people here have mounted subs somewhere in the rear of their nav, not sure how many of them were ST's though. Have you tried doing a search through some of the D22 threads, they are a bit different but they should give you some ideas.

Edit: There is actually a few D22 threads on here that might give you some ideas but there doesn't appear to be many D40 threads.

True. I only have about 100mm to work with in the rear between the seat and firewall. Its going to be hard. 2 8"s should fit though.

You're right there isn't much room behind there and the space is greater at the bottom than it is at the top.

Although your seats don't fold up you might be able to remove them and install something and then put the seat back. The space under the seats is fairly useless for anything else so it might be worth the effort of removing the seats.

I think in the 2010 models without the 60/40 split seats there is now a huge metal mount the runs from the frame up to the bottom of the seat. Cutting that is extreme, apparently its plastic and done easily said the autoban fellas.

I think I will make the box up with the dimensions from the pioneer site, use the right literage and see if it fits. If it doesn't then ill take my seat out and go from there. Otherwise under the passenger seat it goes. My gf will love that...:(

So are you saying you don;t have the same room under the seat as the Spain built models?

In the Spain built Nav's you can fit two 10" subs underneath the rear seat's and amp under one of the front seats.

2X10NISSAN-CREW-FRONT-01-01.jpg

Edit: There is actually a few D22 threads on here that might give you some ideas but there doesn't appear to be many D40 threads.

Probably because the D40s have fairly decent sound already. We put Jace Everett's "Bad Things" on and cranked it up with the windows down and cruised Newcastle for a bit ... turned lots of heads. Also near blew the back out of my skull and I'm mostly deaf, so the standard D40 system does pretty darn well.

sub

yeah mate i hav installed a 12 inch pioneer shallow sub in my str. its not to hard but it takes a bit of mucking around. ill take a photo and post it tonight or tm. btw im sellin my sub and alpine mono block amp so if any1 is interested..

Probably because the D40s have fairly decent sound already. We put Jace Everett's "Bad Things" on and cranked it up with the windows down and cruised Newcastle for a bit ... turned lots of heads. Also near blew the back out of my skull and I'm mostly deaf, so the standard D40 system does pretty darn well.

I don't have a problem with the sound in a D40 myself and lets face it MP3's a shit anyway so to reproduce shit it doesn't take much but it does appear that for those into a more bassy type of feel a sub is beneficial.

Once upon a time I used to be the sort of person who chose his car by the stereo that was in it and figured everyone around me really needed to hear what I was listening to but I grew out of that stage about 15 years ago, now days I can drive for hours without even having the stereo on so the standard system for me is fine.

My mate had to pull his his rear single seat out in his to fit his sub box...not real practical but deff has good base

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back