Coupla new mods to my D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete22

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_3898.jpg
    IMG_3898.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_3900.jpg
    IMG_3900.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 152
What's the bracket mounted to Pete?

I checked my filter for water the other day when I did the service and don't remember anything there that might be a good mount. Also does that at all hamper you getting to the oil filter from above. I know the oil filter is easier to remove from below but I found myself reaching down from the top a few times during the process of removal and installation.

Looks good, I have never had a drama with water in my Nav.

However having the longrange fuel helps, where do you fill up ?

Dave.

What's the bracket mounted to Pete?

I checked my filter for water the other day when I did the service and don't remember anything there that might be a good mount. Also does that at all hamper you getting to the oil filter from above. I know the oil filter is easier to remove from below but I found myself reaching down from the top a few times during the process of removal and installation.

The bracket is a home made jobie that bolts onto the existing fuel filter mounting bracket.....just enough room. Can still get at the oil filter but like you said that is a lot easier to get at from underneath.

Looks good, I have never had a drama with water in my Nav.

However having the longrange fuel helps, where do you fill up ?

Dave.

I've had two major dramas with crappy fuel....first fill up was on the north side of Kempsey......water and gladys.....next was in Nowra just water this time. Both occasions resulted in the loss of about 150 ltrs of diesel - drained from my tank and flush the system.

I alway fill at the same spot when at home and have had not dramas there.....I figure that anything I can do to limit damage I will. And it ain't too difficult to do major damage to a common rail diesel if too much water gets through.

Actually now I think of it last time I was up at Coffs Harbour I got a bad batch of diesel from a BP outlet.

I thought the turbo was gonna blow.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back