06 d22 str service history

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdogs

Reaction score
Im looking at buying an 06 str with zd30 with 60k on the clock. She seems straight as a dime and drives like a gem. The thing is she's missing her service books. I've managed to track down the service history upto 30k, all done at the local nissan dealer.
I've been told the previous owner was a company who had a fleet of vehicles and traded the truck in for a new d40, so im inclined to think that the other services had been done as well.

She's had her 60k done by the dealer im looking at buying off and just seeking advice as to if anyone think this would be an issue.

Cheers

While I obviously can't comment on your exact truck I do know of vehicle of another kind that was not serviced for over 100K yet by the time the vehicle had turned up on the second hand lot the service book was filled out with all the appropriate services listed as done. Even with a book all may not be as it seems. Not sure what state your in but I know in Vic the RACV do full safety checks on cars before purchase, sure they can still miss things and they don't guarantee things wont fall off but they are worth the price if you can;t do the job yourself.

As a second hand car aren't they required by law to list the previous owner? (may even be in the book). I know some dealers circumvent this by buying the car themselves and it shows as they are the previous owner but if you can find out who the previous owner is ring them it might be the best call you ever made.

Of course, if you take it for a test drive, it doesn't make any odd noises, feels steady on the road, has good power and generally looks like a well-cared for vehicle, chances are that it is.

Dave has one of these and seems happy with it. He could tell you more about it when he gets on.

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe it is Dave's he's finally upgraded to a real Nav and is trying to figure out how to tell the other D22 drivers.

cheers for the comments guys.

The dealer has two trucks from the company and neither have the books. They are contacting the previous owner right regarding both trucks now but aren't having much luck finding out any information as to where they were serviced. The previous owner is claiming they were done but can't remember where.

The dealers willing to throw in a three year warranty which is a bit of saving grace if things do go pear shape.

Can you contact the company yourself, nothing like getting info straight from the horses mouth, and if that horse isn't trying to sell you something then all the better. Not all dealers are liars but at the end of the day they still want to rid you of your money and they don't care how they do it. To me it sounds like they are trying to hide something but then to offer you a 3 year warranty isn't the norm so maybe they aren't I'd be checking that warranty before I signed it though to make sure of what is covered.

I got a 2006 D22, she clocked over 185,000km's yesterday. Only thing I have done to it besides servicing is change the fan belt and suspension conponents like shocks, leaves, torsion bars.

Sure I have added other things to it but there isn't much that has gone wrong, I am pretty sure its still running the original radiator cap. I have checked it and its still fine.

I took the service manual out of the car and its somewhere at home but I have all the reciepts for the services.

Personally Id get one that has proof of all the services but the 2006 models are a great vehicle, I have no plans on selling mine.

Dave.

Yeah yeah Dave that's what they all say. Come on over to the dark side we wont rag you out much.

No plans on getting a D40, however if I go out in business with a mate of mine later Id consider a King cab D40. However if Nissan Australia bought the king cab D22 out here Id take that.

Dave.

cheers for the info Dave.

Got a hold of the previous owners, long story short she has been serviced which puts the mind at ease.
Head off and sign the papers in the morning for my new truck.

Good stuff, I am stoked with my D22.

Has been the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Dave.

This should be a fair upgrade from the 84 cressida i'll be trading in.

I'm looking forward to getting in it and killing alot of hours out bush. Mates just bought a 04' patrol so a fair wack of enjoyment to be had with that combo.

no different. although you were always able to turn heads when you drove past local bridge tournament.

I take it the Cressida had the 5ME ?

Mates crown had the same motor and damn that thing was gutless.

He was gonna put a 7MGE in it but lost interest and bought a 4Runner and spent tonnes on it, the old 4runner was no weapon either with the almighty 3L diesel under the bonnet.

Dave.

she has the 5m-ge, isn't out to win any races but still had a bit of go in her.

Welcome pdogs, good choice of truck, I enjoy every minute I drive my d22,. My sister has a d40 and is scared of bottoming out on speed humps in the local shopping centre capark.:sarcastic: I lifted The Wombat because I wanted to...:rock:

You're exaggerating, like anyone in the Mildura area would be scared to drive over a piddly shopping center speed hump when the main highways are filled with so many pot holes or "inverted speed humps".

Latest posts

Back