new 140kw stx auto d40 any problems?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jman84

Reaction score
Hey lads im new to this so hope its in the right spot but im thinking of buying a 2009 or 2010 stx auto turbo diesel dualcab, now what are the main problems with these models? any tips would be of gr8 help.
appreciate it.

Welcome to the forums.
I've got a 09 STX and I think the biggest problem is the jealous D22 drivers.
I've not suffered any major problems with mine in 12 months but there is people that have. There is plenty of threads on this forums regarding problems, likes, dislikes and full blown hates about the D40's you should be able to find some information to help you make your decision somewhere.

Mechanically they seem to be reliable, you hear a few things going wrong, but nothing serious that any model/make could have. Then there is what you plan on using it for, if it's a work ute/family truck with the occasional beach driving or camping trip, then it will do a good job. If you plan on doing more serious offroad work then they do struggle a bit. (mainly ground clearance, turning circle, wheel base and gear ratio's).
I would spend the extra and get the 140kW Spain STX over the ST. The Thailand built Navara's aren't put together as well. IMO.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back