D40 King cab - STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lost in tas

Reaction score
Hi, I have been looking around at various utes, I am interested in a diesel/manual king cab but wondered if they are likely to be brought up to the same specs as the STX dual cab, does anyone know?

Welcome to the forum!

I think the King Cabs are manufactured in Thailand, so there'll be some differences between it and the Dual Cab STX which is made in Spain. As for the inclusions (like cruise control etc), you could ask the dealer. I have misplaced my options sheet so I can't see if the King Cab is missing a lot compared to the STX. Grab a pamphlet from the local dealer?

not yet, i heard it will eventually though. king cab st-x gets a light grey interior, no radio controls on the steering wheel, body coloured mirrors without indicators in them...... still gets cruise, 6 cd player, elec mirrors and windows, bluetooth, etc though

not yet, i heard it will eventually though. king cab st-x gets a light grey interior, no radio controls on the steering wheel, body coloured mirrors without indicators in them...... still gets cruise, 6 cd player, elec mirrors and windows, bluetooth, etc though

Yep, I've got all that, and you don't need to use the key to fill up! (remote fuel flap)

What the dealer doesn't know or tell you is the Thai truck uses different filters, a different heater/AC system, different wheels, towbar, rear diff, steering rack, drive shafts, snorkle, bullbar, brakes. Pretty much every part of the truck is different!

Thanks

appreciate the responses, a bit strange that they are so different but I have no doubt the sales people wouldn't go out of there way to point these things out. What initially stood out was the wheels and the interior was not as flash as the dual cab.
I am looking at doing a lease through work and there is a stipulation that eligible vehicles must have a payload less than one tonne so from what I read both the dual cab and king cab with a tub would meet this criteria.

Great forum you guys have got going here!

Latest posts

Back