what does this button do?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heata

Reaction score
I found this down near the accelerator pedal, of my '10 d22. Just curious what is it? :confused:

I do have after market Cruise, and keyless so it might be part of that?

Attachments

• DSCF0421.JPG
    DSCF0421.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 190
Can't see any reason why they'd need to add something like that to either the cruise or keyless entry but it doesn't look genuine. Is the keyless entry a remote central locking kit, I suppose it could be the internal lock button that locks all doors at the touch of a button.

Otherwise push it and see what happens, it's unlikely to blow the car up.

If we get no response from you we shall take it as read that you pissed off the installer of your after market bits.

after a bit of tracing, yep it goes to the keyless entry control box. so it probably is some type of overide. it doesnt seem to do anything...

I was really hoping for an ejector seat!

Is your driving that bad?

Most (if not all) systems have a switch that locks everything but having it under the dash and not working when it's connected seems odd. I suppose it could require the ignition in conjunction with the windows half up and the driver smoking a durry for it to work but it does seem kind of weird to put in a button that does nothing.

However it's given me an idea for the next time I do some electrical work on someones car, random non working switches. Stick them in the silliest of spots that you know people will find, run the cabling back where they can't see it and see how long it takes them to come back and ask what the button is for. Pointless exercise but annoying none the less.

The ejector seat would be for the passenger, such as is fitted to aston martins.
perhaps with some fiddling around, with different settings I migght find that it does something, I'll let post.

I wouldn't push the button at all unless you don't like the neighbourhood.

1) It's a red button. Ought to be 'nuff said.

2) The sides and underside of the vehicle are spacious enough to pack several hundred kg's of C4 in.

3) Being a 4WD it stands a good chance of getting further in the mountainous regions of Afghanistan.

It's entirely possible that you've uncovered the next secret weapon being used by the Taliban.

You should sell your vehicle to someone from Kabul that's really, really depressed for a high price and go buy yourself a D40 instead, and enter the hairdressing trade.

Keyless Entry modules have an internal button that needs to be pressed for the module to "learn/recognize a new key fob. Typically you press the button and then you press the lock button on the new fob and then it recognizes it. It could be that the installer gave you a remote button so you dont have to open up the module to reset it.

override i reckon. set the immobiliser and try to start the car. if it dosent start leave the ignition on and press that button. it should switch it off. they are usually hidden so crims cant do it too. also used for programming features and as DVR said, learning remotes.

Do you have a flux capacitor fitted? Press it while doing 88mph. Then i guess you can post something last week and we will know it worked.

Don't forget your hightops. Oh and place a bet for a draw in AFL.

I have the same red button but havn't pressed it through fear that a muslim built my car.
Its like the talking muslim doll but know body knows what it says because they are to scared to pull the bloody cord

I once had a strange red button in my ute. I didnt know what it done either so I used to press it just for fun, and it became a habit. It got so every time I got in the car I'd press the button. Turn the car off, and I'd press the button. Sometimes, waiting at the lights I'd press the button over and over again press, press, press. Then one day I got a letter from some bird in Germany saying "for god's sake stop it, I cant take it anymore!!"
What's with that?

I reckon it's for the pump to send Jack Daniels from the hidden goon bag in the tailgate to the overhead console.

You want the Jack? Didn't AC/DC sing about that in the non radio edit version? I think I'll pass

Its a Valet button, Its a button to push if your alarm is going off and you dont have your remote. Its somthing your supposed to keep to yourself ;) It can also be a control button for different settings on your alarm with numbered pushes.

Back