Need new suspenion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starcraft1

Reaction score
Hi Guys
On a recent trip to Cairns with our new caravan we discovered that our stock suspenion on our 2008 duel cab was not up to it. As many of you know the roads up there even HWY 1 are nood good.

I am after about a 40mm lift and as our 4x4 is used mainly on road I would like soft ride. I have had advise to go to pedders they will be able to custom fit a system for my use. Has any members had pedders fitted or know anything about them.

Does any one know of any other suspenion people I should talk to I live in The Redlands in the Brisbane area thanks guys.

heaps of threads on here mate about suspension.

d22/d40? id assume D40 cause that would just be smart ;-p

OME old man emu (ARB): have had good feedback
ironman: cheap some good and some bad.

some1 on this forum from brissy will let u know pretty soon of 4x4 shops etc...

Last edited:
Thanks Nismo it is a D40. I have read all the threads on this forum re- suspenion, I read this site just about daily, I have not come accross any one who has posted anything about pedders.

I have looked into Iornman it looks like it could do the job just thourght I would have a look around at what else is on offer.

Shaggy I know that the general thourght is stronger rear springs if you are towing. As the only real weight will be when we tow and as I use it f0r my daily commute I have reshearchedthe different metords of taking the weight. Keeping in mind that I use a weight distubution hich the opptions available other then stiff spring are

(a) overider spring which I all ready have ( they work geat and with a bite of effort I can ajust them by backing if the ubolts which will give a softer ride)

(b) Air Bags ( used properly will work well and easy to ajust just add air) I know there can be problems if not inflated properly but for my application could be the answer. The max I think I will need is 22 ps1 which will distribute the weight evenly on springs and air bags

Thanks Raywise looks like I will check out Zordos sounds like he could bevery helpfull.

2 thumbs up for Zordo aswell.

He bent over backwards getting me the rear leaf springs I wanted.

No one else wanted to sell me them.

Dave.

THANKS GUYS

Got onto Zordos and got good info on a kit to suit my needs.
I believe He understood my needs and clearly infromed me of the
suspenion components required. I will be off to get it install as soon
as I can organise it. I will let you know how it goes after I test drive it.

Thanks for all on this forum who pointed me in the right direction.

Starcraft1

Hi again guys

Pick up my D40 last night from Zordo's 4WD suspension it drives great
handles very well and ride seems allright on the Black top. I will take it for a ride on
the rough stuff soon I hope and will be taking the van out in a couple of weekends.
I will let you know how it goes.

John did a great job and got a bigger then hoped lift he put EFS shocks and medium EFS springs on and it looks like it will do the trick.

I wil try and attach some photos

Starcraft1

Attachments

• D40 lifted 1.jpg
    D40 lifted 1.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 67
  • D40 lifted 4.jpg
    D40 lifted 4.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 63
Hi again guys

Pick up my D40 last night from Zordo's 4WD suspension it drives great
handles very well and ride seems allright on the Black top. I will take it for a ride on
the rough stuff soon I hope and will be taking the van out in a couple of weekends.
I will let you know how it goes.

John did a great job and got a bigger then hoped lift he put EFS shocks and medium EFS springs on and it looks like it will do the trick.

I wil try and attach some photos

Starcraft1

What was the total cost and how high a lift did you get front and back.

Hi Dave-D40

The coast all up 1650 for the system I got. Not sure of the exact lift
as I did not note down the before but I was expecting about 40mm.
I believe it would be at least 60mm may be more.

I am very happy so far with the ride, handling and hight.

Latest posts

Back