Canopy price?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180%JOE

Reaction score
Hey all,
Well I just got back from fraser island and the main casualty this time is a
busted hard top tourneau cover. One of the rear hinges has broken away from the lid (as in cracked all the plastic around the hinge and come loose) and I'm pretty sure it can't be repaired? So my plan is to claim the damage on insurance and hopefully upgrade to a canopy.

How much does nissan charge for a hard tourneau and what is the cost of some leading canopy brands such as ARB?

Hi

The canopy on my navara is a nissan one but it is made by ARB.From memory a canopy will cost from about $2000-$2500.Having seen a few hard toureau cover they seem to be made from fibreglass? so you may be able to have it repaired?

Shane

My ARB Hi roof with lift up windows on both sides cost me $2095 +$220 for Painting + $170 to fit =$2485

DVR's got a fairly average price there I think. You can get new ones of ebay well under that figure but be careful of what they come with and how they are made. You can also spend more than that depending on what you want added to them. I saw a canopy for a Toyota on ebay the other day and second hand the guy wanted $5500 for it.

My ARB smooth painted low-roof with lift-up windows was about $2900 fitted (about 3 months ago). I thoroughly investigated the options and I found ARB to be by far the best quality. They are made from ABS plastic, so won't crack and degrade like fibreglass. Plus they come with an interior light & high brake light. I was quite happy to part with the extra cash for it.

If you go with the vinyl finish and unpainted they are around the $2000 mark, but I would definately recommend the smooth & painted finish, easier to clean, looks way better & will not go chalky like the vinyl finish ones.

What also sold me on the ARB was the whole canopy & canopy roof rack integration system, it's very, very good & solid as a rock.

My ARB smooth painted low-roof with lift-up windows was about $2900 fitted (about 3 months ago). I thoroughly investigated the options and I found ARB to be by far the best quality. They are made from ABS plastic, so won't crack and degrade like fibreglass. Plus they come with an interior light & high brake light. I was quite happy to part with the extra cash for it.

If you go with the vinyl finish and unpainted they are around the $2000 mark, but I would definately recommend the smooth & painted finish, easier to clean, looks way better & will not go chalky like the vinyl finish ones.

What also sold me on the ARB was the whole canopy & canopy roof rack integration system, it's very, very good & solid as a rock.

Can you explain why the textured canopy will go chalky compared to smooth finish. It is painted with the same 2 pac paint. Sounds like the salesman has been telling porky pies.

I'd like to hear that also as I've never seen it on anything but old fiberglass and metallic paint.

Mate, i have one off a D21 Dual cab for sale. Not sure if it will fit a D22 tho. It has a lift up rear window and the side window are slides. It is in the for sale section.

Ive had the assessor from justcarinsurance out today and told which quote I will be using. Both quotes I got told me they could not fix the hard top, so a new one would be needed. So I'm changing to an ARB canopy and I'm paying the difference in price. Next week I should have a new canopy yay!!!

Unless you ordered it 5 weeks or so ago or, things are a bit different at your local ARB, I don't think you will. After I placed the order mine took 6 weeks to turn up and then I had to wait another week before they could squeeze me into their workshop.
Sorry.

My Avenger took nearly 7 weeks to arrive (but the car took 9 so it's not a huge issue) but the canopy came out of Thailand and for some reason got offloaded in Manila or some such place before getting caught up in the storms in the area at the time all before making it's way here, so anything can happen and a 5-6 week wait is reasonable unless there is old floor stock floating around.

Na they look after Queenslanders .... Good on ya Joe. I got a quote for an ARB canopy last monday and the guy told me it would be ready in one week if the weather stayed fine..colour coated white...:rock:

Can you explain why the textured canopy will go chalky compared to smooth finish. It is painted with the same 2 pac paint. Sounds like the salesman has been telling porky pies.

Sorry, I meant to make two seperate points there.

1. Only the non-painted ones go chalky

2. the painted textured ones accumulate more dirt over time in the texture.

Neither of these is any proven information or anything, or anything told me to by a salesman - just my observations.

2. the painted textured ones accumulate more dirt over time in the texture.

That observation is a pretty good one, my old man's crewman canopy is textured and it holds dirt really well, it washes off as easily as the rest of the car does and it doesn't appear to have any last effects but the dirt and dust does accumulate.

If you regularly carry stuff on roof racks like ladders and stuff, the textured surface shows scratches less then the smooth.

I hope it dosen't take 6 weeks! Im booked in for paint work next tuesday. I might call ARB tomorrow.

I got told 6 weeks too, but my vehicle was in the ARB shop being fitted out in about 2-3 weeks

Latest posts

Back