Fishing Victoria

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

Dave suggested a few days ago that it would be a good idea if we had a fishing section on this forum so I figured we can't have a fishing section without at least a few threads so I'll start a Fishing Victoria thread. Maybe we can get a state by state thread for everyone to join in with and then even a big catch bragging thread if it's warranted.

The way I see it these sort of threads can provide information on fishing spots, maybe some hints or tips for the local areas, best times to travel, camping facilities and any other sort of local knowledge that might help others. They might even help some people planning fishing trips or tours into areas they've never been before.

"The official crap"

In Victoria fishing licences are required for both fresh and salt water fishing however some people are exempt from needing a licence so before fishing here visit the DPI to find out if you need a licence before you fish here as the excuse that you're from interstate and didn't know rarely cuts it with today's fisheries blokes.

Fishing Licence - Department of Primary Industries

Driving on the beach down here is also not allowed so anyone wanting to plan a fishing trip be aware that while you can camp on some of the beaches camping in the back of your ute will more than likely get you caught and fined.

"official crap over until they make more of it."

I'm going to start with the area I know best, along the Ninety Mile Beach to the NSW border, anyone with further information for this or any other area in Victoria feel free to throw up some posts. If you want to share your exclusive secret spot with everyone feel free but there's plenty of other areas for fishing in this state so don't feel like you have to.

to be continued...

It did get a little bigger than I expected but that's east of Melbourne covered, there is no doubt a lot more others could contribute. I don't know the rest of the state well enough to attempt it so if someone else wants to go for it then by all means have a go.

krafty u covered justabout all the spots i go to.
the BEST place is WELSHPOOL without a doubt.
You will get shark,snapper,gummys and BIG flathead all inside the entrance..
Top spot

I'm more into surf fishing these days. We do maybe 3 trips to Mallacoota a year and that's about the only time the boat gets used. I've got a number of great little hidden tracks to get to the beach but I'm always looking for more, it is getting harder with all the closures but there's still options.

Oh I can fill those out for you now.

Went fishing at [insert location], weather average (BOM lied), beer was cold, food was hot, crabs along the 90 mile made it annoying, fish were too small and the smell of rotten farts lingered all the way home. All in all a good time.

I must actually try to get some decent fishing trips in soon but the problem is that any day trips on the beaches this side of Lakes aren't usually that great. Good spots but the fish a really few and far between unless you happen to catch them on the run, and even the Maori fishing bible can't predict when they run.

The east coast vic/southern nsw,there are some great spots.
Krafty,you have overlooked Tamboon inlet.I haven't fished there myself but have heard good reports.

You're right I did miss it I haven't been down there for about 10 years, it probably hasn't changed much in that time, it's sorta similar to Bemm River although the lake area isn't as big or as deep I believe.

For those interested Tamboon Inlet lies almost directly south of Cann River, the road was marked last time I went through Cann River but I'm unsure if it's accessible all year, I guess it is given the boat ramp and parking at the lakes edge but it would pay to seek further advice if you wanted to go down there.

Latest posts

Back