Genuine Complaints or what?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete22

Reaction score
Seems the D40 is nothing but a big heap of crap if'n you accept all that is said the the Complaint forum at the link provided. But when you look closely it is apparent (well at least to me it is :big_smile:) that many of these post are from the same person......does it have anything to do with personality of the driver, how they drive, how they maintain etc etc or is the Nav really a big pile of crap? COMPLAINTS CORNER - NISSAN

seems like its all clutch on diesels and yeah one guy is somewhat vocal talking about class actions etc.
However if you consider how many are on the roads vs how many seem to have issues times the amount who dont know about the internet then who knows really just how bad it is.
Mine is fine mechanically just has megga woeful paint.

I have heard the bagging the D40 gets is coming from opposition car firms that cant stand the heat.

Last edited:
Well I am very happy with my truck but the pain is totally screwed up thanks to the work done for Nissan.I have been complaining about this to Nissan for 2 years and its still going. PPG is to inspect the truck yet again

Gotta say that I cannot say anything bad about the service I have received to date from both my local dealer (Lennock Motors in Canberra) and Nissan. Had a problem with the torque convertor early on and that was change out quick smart. I've got a relatively minor problem with the air conditioner condensate leaking back into the passenger footwell but this will be fixed at the 10K service in a couple of weeks. All up great customer service experience from my perspective.
Now I've said that................................................:dong:

Hey Pete
well dont try the dealers on the other side of town. I got banned by the new car Manager cos I didnt buy my truck from them.
The only decent managers they had, walked out last week .

Last edited:
a lot of the complaints on that site are well known problems.
D40 clutchs, brakes etc.
what you have to remember is most brands sufer similar sorts of problems. someone was saying that a lot of modern vechiles now chew out rotors as fast as pads.
even toyota is not immune to modern diesels blowing up.

Hey Pete
well dont try the dealers on the other side of town. I got banned by the new car Manager cos I didnt buy my truck from them.
The only decent managers they had, walked out last week .

Yeah Aussie have experienced that crowd in the past. I bought my GU Patrol off them and had it serviced by them once.....never took it back. Worst customer service I have ever experienced from any business.

Aussie frontier,
what problems have you had with the paint? i've got a blue opel colour (sorta sky blue) i find that it scratches rather easy,down to the metal actually. the cars only got 15 000km on it. wondering weather they skimped on a layer of paint?

My paint had crap all through it and even missed getting colour in a few bits. The aint is very soft and does mark extremely easily and is megga thin. However they will say it meets industry standards and we are expecting too much to actually want quality on a truck.

Yeah having a black ute I know all about scratches ive seen older black utes look better than my 20000km old ute which gets well looked after.

On other brands not being able to take the heat of the D40... my local CFA has cracked the shits with their Hilux dual cab command vehicle (and this is a brigade where every brigade-owned vehicle is a Toyota, no questions asked) and is promptly replacing it with a D40 to escape the woe of the Toyota. That amuses me.

Yeah exactly right i say to people my troubles they say shoulda bought a hilux but everything has issues its nissan Aus letting this ute down if at all

But if we were to look closely at the other manufacturers we would find similar situations. It seems like things like after sales service and Client care are things that we can not afford to xhave any more. The Hilu is over priced and just as bad quality wise as the Navara. I hear the Triton isnt perfect either.

Yeah very true Paul im filling out paper work for fair trading action at the moment maybe it will help get answers i want

I think the main issue is we ring Nissan and speak with the people in Customer care. Now if they had some technical knowledge it would work even better.They are just counter jumper types who are there to shuffle papers not actually do anything technical.

Yeah they also dont follow up with what they tell you they will do. Im waiting on a phone call to be returned from 2 weeks ago.
Only way I could work out to get answers was Department Fair Trading which is stupid cos first people they go after is the dealer who is helping

If your lucky enough to talk with Lance P then call back again and hope you get someone different. he will downright lie to your face and tell you what you want to hear and yet do whatever he deems fit.
He told me faithfully that my truck was goping to Nissans workshop in Melbourne to get the work done on my paint. Not some dodgy paint shop down the road that Nissan uses .
Every paint shop I know gives Lifetime warranty on workmanship etc on their work. This lot doesnt !Well not according to Lance anyway.
I rang to make a formal complaint about the Manager at the dealership cancelling my warranty parts orders. Lance basically said who cares and no he had no intentions of doing anything about it.

LOL well he hung up on me. I have had same reactions as what you describe from them all ive talked to at least 7 different people they all as useless tits on a bull

Latest posts

Back