Dual Battery New D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone has a dual battery setup on a new 2.5 ltr D22 STR ?
Cant seem to find any suppliers for a mounting tray system for under the bonnet, plenty of room for one...........
thinking of either the cheaper option of a Redarc system or the fully blown Pirahna DB180s system.............
Going to be running Waeco CF40 Fridge, 2 Work Lights On The Rear & a Power Inverter occasionally.......

Looks good Brisbanite, it pisses me off a little bit that I can only fit a 55A/hr in the earlier model D22. Heaps of room with 2.5L though. I wasn't really interested in putting a battery in the tray so it was the only option for me.

Yeah nice setup Brisbanite, did you run the wires from to the second battery around the front? How much did REDARC and the tray set you back? Might go the same way I think. The REDARC seems to do the job from what others have said.

The tray was $150 at UV 4x4 in Brendale, the redarc was $103 from an ebay seller (4wdextreme). I have 8 gauge cable running between the batteries and redarc around the front of the car, both fused at 60A, I then have a 6 gauge cable running from the second battery, through a chassis rail and into the tray for my fridge. It terminates into a 50A Anderson Plug, this run is fused at 20A at the second battery.

If you want any specific close up pics let me know.

Just had a look on the box for you, the part number is BTNND.

It is marked as also fitting a '2.8l Navara - Pre Cleaner'.

Hope that helps.

Might have been '2.8l Nissan' can't remember. The footy is about to start so cant check now :p

Paperwork definately says Navara

Attachments

• IMG_1969 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_1969 [800x600].JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 115
I believed you.

I just think its a miss print.

Only 2.8 diesels Nissan's used is the RD28/T/TI and the LD28. (LD28 is rare in Australia)

Dave.

I thought it was a miss-print too but the photo on the paperwork is of a pretty old model vehicle.

I didn't think you didnt believe me dave, all good. Just wanted to clear it up for Matt.

How did you go with the bolt for the battery tray under the silver wiring plug bracket?
Did you replace with a longer one or just leave out?
Any ideas on a good battery supplier, looked at Supercheap Auto & Battery World, not a lot in stock at a reasonable price......

I go the bolt in using the existing one, just very fiddly. I got my battery from Marshall Batteries, was cheapest and they had it in stock. Was $200 delivered.

Latest posts

Back