Mud in my headlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgets

Reaction score
Ive read through a few posts here where people have water or condensation in their lights and have just pulled out the globe and left it dry out. Well ive water,condensation and mud that has dried out inside my drivers side light. Anyone know how I can get in to clean the mud off the reflector? Thanks.

Metho is a good choice. First, it's a solvent that will loosen particles from the surface. Second, it's highly volatile, which not only means combustible but also means it evaporates completely.

Don't do it just once. The first time will make it look like it's clear, but the solvent + residue will still be in there and will leave stains on the reflector. Do it a couple of times to make sure.

Then I'd try to find a way to stop the muck getting in. Are you missing the big rubber boot from the rear of the headlamp assembly?

Metho is a good choice. First, it's a solvent that will loosen particles from the surface. Second, it's highly volatile, which not only means combustible but also means it evaporates completely.

Don't do it just once. The first time will make it look like it's clear, but the solvent + residue will still be in there and will leave stains on the reflector. Do it a couple of times to make sure.

Then I'd try to find a way to stop the muck getting in. Are you missing the big rubber boot from the rear of the headlamp assembly?

The rubber boot is there but not 100% sure if its on correct, next time I get a chance I will pull the battery out and have a proper look, cant really see anything unless I take the battery out. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back