Bathurst time again.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you there DVR, thought you might be a Holden man. Alot of Holden/Component workers live in Andrews Farm, I'm ex Holden worker, lived in Settlers Farm, then moved to Williamstown, now left Holden and live in Mildura. River life is better than city life.....

Awe come on that's a bit unfair Dingle and his mate Dud are too busy rescuing cars from neglectful owners to worry about winning a race. I do however find it slightly ironic that one of those stupid Dingle ads makes comments about a yard full of rice burners, if it wasn't for rice burners buying crap SCA stores would have about 80% less stock.

As usual though the biggest losers on the day are those who choose to stay home and watch the telecast on tv and are forced to listen to those moron commentators argue and bicker amongst themselves. It's a little better when Skafiey is in the car because Crompton looses some ability to hang pointless crap but it's still annoying. I don't deny these ex racers have the experience and knowledge to commentate on a race but it appears as soon as they get a mic in their hands they turn into a Russell Dingle.

I'm also sick of the way so many drivers are quick to blame someone else for their stuff ups, come on guys you're all professional racers doing the same bloody thing and will push hard just to get one spot higher, accidents are bound to happen. Some will inevitably be caused by others but at times accidents are also caused by you so get over it and stop making out you're so hard done by (looking suspiciously at Winterbottom).

Other than V8 racing is good stuff :big_smile:

All that and I've got no idea of who you think will win.
Maybe I missed something?

And to say that they are all the same car is a VERY ignorant thing to say. OK they're not production cars. but they're a LONG way from NASCAR's

Last edited:
Well unfortunatly, they are pretty much the same. they use the same chasis, same diff, same gearbox, they both way the same the same length and width same horse power,,but different skin and different usa donk.I say go ford but I don`t think they stand a chance this year. Oh and sorry but I think the younger Kelly brother is a tosser.

I remember when the VB and the XD first came out and people were saying the you could almost exchange panels on them. n hindsight that seems laughable but it was peoples perception at the time.
It's the same with peoples perseption that V8 SUPERCARS ar all the same. They are not. They are tightly regulated.

The chassis are NOT the same. They both use their respective "donor" chassis albeit they are fully seam welded. So not at all the same chassis. They are then reinforced with each teams interpretation of a "full internal roll cage". So not the same. The diff centers are the same but not the axle assembly or even the housing for that matter as again, it's up to the team to interpret the regulations. So again, not the same. The suspension must use set geometry but that is all. It's all these interpretations that make the cars quite diffent from each other let alone one brand from another and separates the guys at the front of the grid from the guys at the back. Yes the engines are American, big deal, but as you rightly said, they are a "different...donk". So again, NOT THE SAME.

Few would dare call F1 cars all the same but a more regulated class of motor racing you will not find. As I said, the V8's share little in common with their road going counterparts and a lot in common with each other but they are in no way the same and saying so is very ignorant indeed.
The fact that you choose to follow Fords and admit that they don't stand much of a chance atm, is an indicator of where your gripe really lies I think. At least, I doubt you shared that thought much while Ambrose was dominating

Young Kelly is a Tosser.

whats with bagging Rick Kelly? hes a young gun...watch out for him this race...i have a feeling he might do it.....

Ricks in his 6 season and he's 27 he's practically a "senior member" :eviltongue:

fairenough,still not too many new comers after him though..
i reckon hes got plenty of balls to drive that rocket flat out..
he might just have the quickest car on the mountain and see him ring its neck..:rock:

Lowndes' has it in the bag....
GO HOLDEN

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back