standard dual batteries?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camsmith

Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if all new d22's come standard with dual batteries? Someone from ARB told me i got one of a handful that came into the country. Cheers

all of them, even 2wd's from 09 at least got them standard. i drive a late 09 one for work, a 2wd that has them. and we just got a 2010 4x4 that has them too. there was another thread on here recently about someone putting a proper dual battery controller in for the second one. apparently it's just hooked up all the time from the factory

i heard they did the dual battery coz it was cheaper than puttin in a high cranking battery in

thanks for the replies. one of the guys at a 'well known' 4x4 shop told me one of the guys that worked there had punched a nice big hole through the guard whilst installing a snorkel for someone, only to find out there is a battery there now :sarcastic:

My dealer tried to tell me the '22s got them because they needed it for cranking the engine over in alpine regions. It's bull, the single battery is sufficient and remarkably close in capacity to the single battery found in the identically-engined D40. I didn't call the salesman on it because it wasn't a big issue.

There might be some reasoning that D22s are more for tradies and tradies need more mobile power than us salon owners, because the intention behind the D40 is to make it a tourer rather than a worker (fine by me, that's what I bought mine for!).

In any case, you can either pop it out and have the spare room to put a larger airbox in, or you can drop in an isolator and run some (30A thermally fused, 60A paired double insulated) cable to the tub and run your gear down there.

Latest posts

Back