D40 petrol - fuel filter?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grahcom

Reaction score
1. Has anyone with a R51/D40 petrol had a dirty lot of fuel yet??? if so what problems occurred & how did the cleaning up job go??
2. Has anyone fitted an inline fuel filter to a R51/D40 petrol vehicle? if so any comments??

The reason I ask is we do a lot of outback travel (next trip is Google Maps - 2009 Cape York Trip (proposed) ) and just in case we get dirty tank of fuel, usually carry a fuel filter as part of our spares, well we do in our Pathy R50, but have recently made it our spare vehicle and purchased a D40 STX auto petrol for towing our van around this great land, so today while getting the 1000km service thought I'd get a fuel filter to keep in the vehicle, I was agast to find out that the D40 petrol vehicles don't have an inline fuel filter, told that only some sort of filter as part of the fuel pick up unit inside the tank only. New pick up unit around $900!!!!! so wont be carrying one of those, maybe the unit can be removed and cleaned if needed but what a hell of a job anywhere, let alone in the bush. Maybe I'll fit an inline filter must be of some help to the system.

cya
Graham

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back