Which Suspension

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono

Reaction score
Helllo forum folk
I would like to upgrade the stock suspension on my Navara D40 ST-X
On the back I have a fiberglass canopy, a long range tank and soon some drawers, so I think thats good for 300Kg. On the front nothing yet but probably an ARB bull bar to come.

The choice seems to be between 3 and I would appreciate your advice or views on which one would be best

1) Old Man Emu Full system Medium duty rear leaf springs 30mm nitro charger gas shocks cost 2270

2) Blue Max Full system, Medium duty rear leafs springs and 30mmm gas shocks cost 1780

3) Tough Dog Full system, MD premium steel rear springs, 40mm 9 stage Foam Cell adjustable shocks Cost 2400

all prices include fitting

I know OME has a good reputation, I no nothing about Blue Max and little about Tough Dog.

Apart from the 300kg quoted above the ute will mostly be run light, its only when I go away that I load it up. Are 40mm shocks overkill? or will the adjustments make it versatile.

I am keen to hear from those of you who may have installed one of these systems - how do you find it?

Cheers
JonO

My mate is a mechanic and he has tough dog in his patrol and the rest of th guys he works with has tough dog. I'm goin to be putting it in mine next month but the rear will have adjustable shocks. OME is ok another mate of mine has it but he said it alright but will be going tough dog next time. If you tough dog it is worth spending the extra 80 bucks on the adjustable rear shocks.

I have a lovell set up all round on my D40. Can't fault it and it cost far less then what you are quoting. To me, warranty was thing that tilted me towards Lovell. 3 years on everything (have replaced a shock since install). Blue max is recommended by friends and has a 3 year warranty also. Forget Tough Dog. Great product but too expensive.

Most shocks come out of the same Gabriel factory in Mexico anywho.

See what some online suppliers can offer and get you local tyre place to install. That's what i did and I saved enough $$$ to buy a couple of extra add ons for the truck (Double Din GPS thingy, spotties).

That's my two cents worth.

So D21 drivers realise that then only real option when upgrading is to skip the '22 and go straight to a '40?

Back