Anyone rebuilt a Warn XD9000.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Nothing wrong with mine just wanna do some prevenative maintenance on it.

Anyone got a manual for the winch ?

Dave.

No manual required mate, winches are pretty simple beasts, just mark each piece as you pull it apart.

I've stripped down an Ironman 9500 and a Warn 9000, not sure of the exact model, as you remove the bits just lay them out in order on bench, thats all I did. Be sure to have some degreaser, grease, wire brush to remove any rust if it's been submerged, and clean it up as best you can.

Cheers mate. Gonna do mine soon.

Gotta get new rods that holds the gearbox to the motor.

Dave.

Cheers.

Shall a job for next weekend.

What grease do you use.

I am mechanically minded, so I dont it will be difficult.

Dave.

I used a water proof wheel bearing grease in mine, the Warn that I stripped down looked like a lithium based grease, but it did bugger all to stop it rusting.

I have about 30 metres of cable on the winch drum, I always leave atleast 2 metres on the drum when I am winching.

Thinking of going to plasma rope soon aswell which will help, lighter and you can fit more on the drum.

Dave.

Lipex EP2 is a good grease for the winches. i used it on the GU and six months later pulled it apart again (using it most weekends) and there was no rust and grease was still the like new green/ blue color

Latest posts

Back