turbo diesel clutch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mottleemob

Reaction score
are the clutches in a 3 litre diesel heavy feeling or is something wrong with mine also shudders slightly on take off in 1st and sometimes reverse is it me or the car
cheers phil

Last edited:
mine is the same since i bought the car. the guy reckons its the heavy duty clutch that's making it heavy.

the clutch on my previous GU with the same engine and was a heavy duty safari tuff was so much easier than the nav.

also the patrol runs a different type of clutch (dual mass).

the D22 is a fairly heavy clutch. i sometimes get shuddering in first. always wondered if it was sticking a bit.

also the patrol runs a different type of clutch (dual mass).

the D22 is a fairly heavy clutch. i sometimes get shuddering in first. always wondered if it was sticking a bit.

nah i converted mine to solid when i changed my clutch..

hmmm im on my second nav and my first had a stiff clutch but drove fine second had a very stiff clutch and then the clutch went on sunday and so i took gearbox out stuffed around the bearing seised and the thrust bearing made massive wear on the shaft it sits on so i ordered a new front gearbox cover (which is wat the thrust bearing sits on) and a new fork and pivot as i read that they can play up and the gearbox was an arsehole to get out so yer anyway i greased up my new thrust bearing as it went onto the new front gearbox cover and when the job was done it was unbeleivable how nice the clutch is to use nice and soft but its an exeedy heavy duty unit which i would have thought would have made it stiff to use so yer dunno
anyone thats looking to take out gearbox to change clutch you would wanna have some ability around cars as it was a pain in the arse to get out

hmmm im on my second nav and my first had a stiff clutch but drove fine second had a very stiff clutch and then the clutch went on sunday and so i took gearbox out stuffed around the bearing seised and the thrust bearing made massive wear on the shaft it sits on so i ordered a new front gearbox cover (which is wat the thrust bearing sits on) and a new fork and pivot as i read that they can play up and the gearbox was an arsehole to get out so yer anyway i greased up my new thrust bearing as it went onto the new front gearbox cover and when the job was done it was unbeleivable how nice the clutch is to use nice and soft but its an exeedy heavy duty unit which i would have thought would have made it stiff to use so yer dunno
anyone thats looking to take out gearbox to change clutch you would wanna have some ability around cars as it was a pain in the arse to get out

I have the exedy in mine, it was so soft at the start, probably the 1st few days, I think it was probably just all of the grease on the bits and pieces making it all easy and loose. After a few days it got progressively heavier for about a week or so then it was well beaded in and has been great ever since.

Was gonna get in there this weekend to change what im pretty sure is a buggered spigot bearing. What problems did ya run into removing ya gearbox?

just a pain really gotta take out 2 cross members and front and back drive shafts disconnect all wiring which is only a couple of plugs but yer had to take torsions out and there was a couple of really shit bolts to get to on the belhousing so yer we did it but i just wouldnt do it again

coukd a faulty centre bearing give you clutch shudder?
I get clutch shudder every now and again and was wondering if it could be the centre bearing on the tailshaft.
There is a little movement it there but i am unsure on how much it should have

Latest posts

Back