Wir35 - '09 d22 st-r

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIR35

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been pretty slack in getting some photo's up of my D22. I sold my D40 ST-X in February and I picked up the new D22 same day, and have been gradually kitting it out for 4X4 touring & camping since then. Now all I need to do is convince my girlfriend to ditch her 5-star taste and come with me!!

So basic specs as of today:
- 09 D22 2.5CR turbo diesel manual
- Standard dual batteries from factory
- Bought it stock standard with no options, have added:
- Fusion Ipod head unit
- Fusion 6.5" component splits (front)
- Fusion 6.5" 3 ways (rear doors)
- Focal 10" sub & amp (self contained slimline unit behind back seats)
- ARB smooth canopy
- ARB canopy tradesman roof rack system
- ARB steel winch bullbar
- Spotlights
- Custom drawer system

Soon to have:
- Going to relocate the second battery into the back and wire in Sidewinder isolator
- 600/1200w 240v inverter
- LED lighting in canopy
- 240v & 12v socket outlets mounted in tub for easy use
- Have changed all park lamps and reverse lamps to white LED's, and am wiring them up to a random flasher system (for going onto large civil construction sites, flashing lights are part of the deal. At this stage I think i will wire it so that when you hit the hazard lights, the indicators & park/reverse lamps all flash fast & randomly, like the traffic response utes that patrol the motorways up here)

Wish list:
- 2" suspension lift
- Winch
- Window tint
- Maybe some chunkier tyres once these ones wear out, but the standard tyres are actually pretty good (bridgestone dueler A/T 265/75R16)
- Snorkel
- Chip/exhaust/filter job

Check out pics....

Hatch up the front of the drawers will be for electrical components; second battery, inverter, fuses/circuit breakers, isolator, jumper leads, etc)

Attachments

• IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0144.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 198
  • IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMAG0146.jpg
    IMAG0146.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 22,439
  • IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0147.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 164
thanks mate, yeah haven't looked back....lol

although the D40 ST-X 550 is pretty tempting!

'Bout time you showed us what you driving Toby, it's been long enough :evil_tongue:

Need to change your avatar now, wouldn't want people knowing you were once apart of the darkside.

Looks good, even the best colour to.

2 thumbs up, all we have to do now is convince Krafty to get a D22.

Dave.

Well you guys seem to talk like cutting hair is a sin and I wouldn't want to bring down the name of the mighty '22 by being clever enough to adapt to my surroundings.

It's just further proof that the D22 is agricultural and the D40 is a refined piece of luxury :eviltongue:

I think I came close to offending someone ages ago when I called the D22 agricultural so I just wanted to prove that I wasn't wrong...sometimes it takes me a while but I get there in the end

Lol Dave.

The way I looked at it at the time, I could either trade my D40 and get another D40 STX for $50k, or I could buy a D22 for $33k, kit it out, and still have enough left over for an overseas holiday, plus monthly repayments significantly less than the D40.

Obviously the D40's are more luxurious, (arguably) more attractive, a little bit more powerful, and have all the bells and whistles, but to be honest I have actually grown to like the simplicity of the D22, and for the price difference I could not justify the extra cost to myself as the extra bang that the D40 offered didn't add enough value to warrant me spending the extra money. The strong resale values for the D22's was also attractive.

That said, I do love the look of the D40's, and their on-road performance, specification and comfort levels are brilliant (best in class IMO). Horses for courses I guess....

Krafty, they got one thing right, D22's are certainly not suitable for children.....lol

They might be a simplistic form of transport but you shouldn't really be letting your kids drive them.

Latest posts

Back