Hot Air

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why both the D22 and D40's blow hot air through to the cabin when set for cool (not air conditioned) fresh air circulation?
I have owned other brands of ute and have always found the fresh air setting gives air of basically the same temperature as the external ambient air temp. Its only the Nissan's that seem to heat it up first. Great in winter but not so good the rest of the year. I am guessing that the fresh air intake is sourced close to the radiator or some other hot part of the engine bay. I know its a trivial question but you'd think that this could be easily avoided in the design stage?

i'm in Perth too and it seems to blow the outside air temperature. if it's cold outside it will blow cold air, hot day it will be hot air and etc etc..

Cold day - use heater
Hot day - use air cond
After visiting girlfriend on way home from work all windows and ventilation open, my wife hates the smell of her perfume

Like others are saying the outside temp obviously has a bearing on what's coming is but I've never noticed hot air for any more than a few seconds if the car has been sitting in the hot sun. Once moving the air cools down obviously not to a/c temp but it cools down because it's moving air and not still air. If it was only happening in one car I'd suggest that car had problems but if you reckon it's happening in two cars maybe it just feels different to you because the vents in Nav's are located differently to other cars.

There has been reported issues of the resistor behind the switch panel dying and causing the Nav to blow hot air constantly but your comment seems to suggest that you can get the air cooler with the a/c and I don't think the dead resistor issue allowed the cooler air in any switch location.

Nissan run the interior heater full time. it just bypasses the air when you want cool air. the problem is heatsoak. if the vehicle has been sitting still the heatsoak from heater and also from engine/bonnet heats up the air in the pipes etc. so the first time you put the fan on or switch from recirc to fresh you get a blast of hot air to start with.

Might also be the internal diverter flap in the heater box is broken/stuck..

Anyone got some more info in this?????

I seem to get hot air blowing in the passenger footwell all the time. Hotter than the ambient air.

I havn't looked at it too much yet but im pretty sure it is always on, but cools down when using the AC.

I have the same thing with warmer air coming in.
Easy fix ill run the aircon for about 20 seconds too cool down the internals.

If you end up in Brisvegas like moi you'll have the A/C running 49 weeks out of the year. The other three weeks you might need the heater for a few minutes in the morning. So hence i have no constructive ideas to help you with your problem, sorry mate.

yep i had that problem (d22) turns out the gearstick boot (rubber flap type thing under the fake leather piece) was all loose around the stick, so when driving along the hot air from the engine bay would be pushed up through the hole, it would come out near your feet and also the near the handbrake.

just needed some heatsheild stuff to protect the hole from the air flow.

James

Latest posts

Back