Parameters of the vehicle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara09

Reaction score
I am putting a 2 inch lift kit on my D22 navara and i just checked my insurance to see if they would cover it before i do it and they said it just needs to be within the parameters of the vehicle. So does anyone know what the max height you can lift a D22 navara and keep it within the parameters of the vehicle?

My guess is that vehicle parameters are the parameters set up by the manufacturer and or law as to what is safe on that vehicle. However I'd be ringing the insurance company back and getting them to explain it to you, one because it's your right to have such things explained to you but two because if you take it to mean something different to them (and they may not use a dictionary definition) you could quickly find yourself un-insured. A 2 inch lift shouldn't effect insurance but for the sake of one more call it's not worth the risk.

Ok just rung them they said within the parameters set up by the manufacturer. They said that the manufacturer should have a maximum height that the vehicle should be able to go. any ideas where i can find that out? I rung nissan but they said we are against modifications because it voids warrenty and thats it. will the DPI be able to tell me?

Ring another dealer, thats bullshit, a lift doesn't automatically void the warranty. I don't know if Nissan head office can help, probably not from what I've heard about contacting them but they are probably a better bet than a local dealer.

I'd be ringing the roads corp in WA, I dunno who that is but given that they would make the rules on registration they should have some idea.

Edit: It's also bullshit that your insurer can't tell you. I realise the person on the phone might have to do a bit more work and maybe even get out of their seat but what happens when you go to make an insurance claim. "Oh sorry we need to find your vehicle parameters can you bear with us a minute you dealer is being a dickhead and won't tell us what it is because he's worried about your warranty."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats why they can offer those super discounts and wonderful savings they all have every other week.

Quality of service and honest pricing means we can always offer you the best deal, unless someone offers you an even better one then we might try again, but these prices wont last forever, sign today you wont regret it but don't tell the boss I'm doing deals like this because my missus is already wondering where our next meal will come from without having the boss take the discount out of my pay cheque.

If you take it litterally it means un-modified. The factory setting for height would be "X". Anything outside that would be outside of the vehicles parameters set by the manufacturer. Thats bullshit. Just keep ringing untill you get somebody willing to help....

I'll answer the call.

The "parameter" is the envelope specified in the FSM Front Suspension section. I post the page on ride height measurement in response to the same question time and time again but nobody seems to care.

I'll post it again since you asked nicely and this is really a different question to the usual "HOW MUCH INCHS SHUD THIER BE BTW DA TYRE AND THE GARDS THANKZ I WANNA LIFT MY D22 ONTO DA BUMPSTOPS ANY HALP APPRECITED"

Insurance companies suck, dealers are useless and lazy, and the DPI won't know.

The page is attached. I attract your attention to "Vehicle Posture, Europe and Australia"

You'll find it doesn't give you the lift you're after. F off the insurance company and get a new one. Do Aami service WA, they'll let you have it.

Attachments

• rideheightadjustment.pdf
    25 KB · Views: 58
Awe don't be like that Dion I'm sure we all care, it's a valuable piece of information for those who it relates to, personally I haven't seen you post this anywhere before so please forgive my ignorance and from now on when prompted I shall allude to it.

Thank you Dion you are a master among masters. (and I love that third line took me several goes to read it and I'm still not sure I read it the way it was intended)

Quality of service and honest pricing means we can always offer you the best deal, unless someone offers you an even better one then we might try again, but these prices wont last forever, sign today you wont regret it but don't tell the boss I'm doing deals like this because my missus is already wondering where our next meal will come from without having the boss take the discount out of my pay cheque.

gil2.jpg

Awe don't be like that Dion I'm sure we all care, it's a valuable piece of information for those who it relates to, personally I haven't seen you post this anywhere before so please forgive my ignorance and from now on when prompted I shall allude to it.

Hahaha, just practicing to be the new Fez

I've been taking lessons from Ruff

RACV told me it was all ok to modify my vehicle...so i walked out satisfied...maybe change your insurance co..

Latest posts

Back