VNOG - what to do cup weekend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodyD40

Reaction score
I'm getting bored sitting in the office, and i'm wondering what i should do for cup weekend.

Cant go fishing in WP or PPB, there will be too many people fishing TEE TREE - so i want to think a bit broader.

Should i go camping for a couple of days, or should i find some other waterway to go fishing?

Is anyone doing a 4wd camping trip (family orientated) planned for the long weekend?

Excuse my ignorance (being such a horse racing fanatic and taking so little notice of public holidays) but when is cup day weekend.

All the High Country tracks should open Cup weekend, but it will be very busy, but it's a great time to go before it gets too hot.

Myself & two other Nav's are heading up through the hills from Walhalla to Kevington. Have chosen a route that won't be too bad but will challenge us and probably make us thirsty by mid afternoon! (Probably not that 'family friendly') Looking forward to it.

Get out amongst it WoodyD40 - find a place and go for it. I believe there is a fishing comp at Lake Eildon - go for a drive and camp out.

KraftyPg... you live in Victoria...........mate WTF!

That's my Bros birthday and to celebrate we are rebuilding the dairy, can't get a better birthday present than that. You better catch some fish for me.

Even when I used to work for someone else Ridgie I worked most public holidays, any day the shops were open I worked, and now days I work when I feel like it so they still mean bugger all. About all public holidays mean to me now days are people are out of the office so computer maintenance can be done in peace or someone else is off work and they might have either a job for me to do or a fishing trip for me to go on, but this cup day it's going to be working if we can't finish it over the weekend.

Im off to NSW with about 7/8 others to chase some grunters(pigs)
Going up in 4 trucks,all 4b,s and were going to shoot a truckload of shells while up there.
Probably have about 15 guns to play with...cant wait..
No kids and no women....ace

Fair enough! But surely you know when the Melbourne Cup is run - working or not!

I know it's the first Tuesday in Nov, but days and dates mean bugger all too me, I don't work a 5 day week and I don't work normal hours (in fact I try not to work) but all that means days just blend into each other, if it wasn't for having the date permanently in the taskbar on my computer screen I wouldn't know that today was the 20th.

I know it's the first Tuesday in Nov, but days and dates mean bugger all too me, I don't work a 5 day week and I don't work normal hours (in fact I try not to work) but all that means days just blend into each other, if it wasn't for having the date permanently in the taskbar on my computer screen I wouldn't know that today was the 20th.

Ahhh Krafty - Don't ya love the wonderful world of IT? :)

My crew are doing a mini road trip out west to Hamilton and Warrnambol. Bit of touring and site seeing! Have to be home Sunday night because none of us could get the time of work.

Thinking of doing a day trip on Tuesday tho?? Maybe out Noojee way?

Most of my IT work handles itself, I do tend to do updates etc on weekends or public holidays so I don't get in the staff's way or they don't get in mine and I can pretty much put any IT job off for a few days without upsetting anyone. Websites I can put off for a week or so without an issue. My clients know I'm on call 24/7 when they want me but unless it's urgent nothing gets done immediately and they are fine with it.

Noojee is a nice drive, beware of 12 tonne pantechs though, I know several drivers that get up that way daily and I'd be scared to be on the same road as them, dammit I used to be scared being there and I was in the 42 tonne log truck coming the other way.

Noojee is a nice drive, beware of 12 tonne pantechs though, I know several drivers that get up that way daily and I'd be scared to be on the same road as them, dammit I used to be scared being there and I was in the 42 tonne log truck coming the other way.

Yeah, we've been going up there since I was a pup. Seen plenty of logging trucks up there! They're rarely up there on the long weekend tho - too many punters!

THinking of going up Dargo way camping with family .... or better still down to Port Welshpool for fishing WITHOUT family ...

LOL

Latest posts

Back