Inverting rear shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav05ST-R

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am going to put on the superior drop shackles and was wondering how hard is it to invert the shocks on the rear and does it really give it heaps more body roll.
Thanks Luke

if you use the same shocks as you currently have then it "could" give you more body roll. how stiff the rest of your suspension is will also play a part in any body roll.
Is there a specific reason you want to invert them? (im assuming your talking about doing this / \ ) Main reasons are it removes a binding point and allows longer shock lengths.

ah and its not hard, but youll need a welder and a bit of steel.

Thanks joshy the reason i was looking at doing it is cause i am toying with the idea of putting in superior drop shackles

Are rear shocks supposed to be inverted. I have noticed my rside points forward and my lside points rearward.Like this / \. I looked for obvious signs of welding etc. but it looks like a factory job.

Are rear shocks supposed to be inverted. I have noticed my rside points forward and my lside points rearward.Like this / \. I looked for obvious signs of welding etc. but it looks like a factory job.

Factory job. That config arrests axle hop. It's common to many leaf sprung utilities.

The thread is about mounting the shocks to look like / \ when viewed from behind. It improves articulation, but has the draw back of more body role.

Back