B20 Diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoknows

Reaction score
I filled up for the first time at freedom fuels, as the price of their diesel was cheap compared to the other fuel companies. It was only. when I looked at my receipt that I saw it was "20% bio diesel"

Which brings me to my question, who is using what brand of diesel and why. Like the old Valvoline add said "oils an't oils sol" well I'm assuming "diesel an't diesel" either and some are better than others !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is already a huge thread on here about who's using what, and a thread about bio diesel and both also blend into each other. Try searching for either thread it will save starting another thread with the same info in it.

$3500 for a replacement injection pump and $200 atleast for each injector why risk using cheap fuel to save abit.

Dave.

The problem with biodiesel isn't biodiesel itself.

If you manufacture, refine and filter biodiesel properly, so that there are no fatty residues to accumulate on the inner walls of the hosing (like clogged arteries in your own body - same deal here!) there is little to fear from biodiesel.

Half the problem is the creation of biodiesel from used cooking oil and not filtering it properly. This crap fuel is going to clog up filters, injectors and the pump. It's going to leave residue in your tank, in your fuel lines and in the return lines as well.

If you DO blow your filter/injectors/pump because of fatty deposits in biodiesel, make sure you also replace (or thoroughly clean) all of the fuel lines and the fuel tank as well.

Biodiesel is supposed to meet a certain level of refining, but there's a lot of mobs out there grabbing used cooking oil from the local fish and chip shop, running it through some test tubes in their garage and pumping it out as "biodiesel".

It's something I'd be vary careful about. The fine tolerances in the pump and injectors won't enjoy a nice lining of vegetable (or animal) fat. Remember, fish and chip shops also cook snags in their oil, and they're full of animal fats. This may pass through less sophisticated filtering systems.

As the Nissan service department and the salesman told me:

"If you absolutely HAVE to use biodiesel, use up to 20% mix, but go back to dinosaur as soon as you can".

Amen to that.

Latest posts

Back