rear window for ARB hi top canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Hi All,
I smashed the rear window of my ARB hi top canopy the other day and am searching for a secondhand one.
It's for an '05 STR
I can get one through ARB but I'm sure that will come at a hefty price!
If anyone can help great!
I'm in Healesville VIC but will travel!
Cheers, Marcus

You already have a thread in wanted.

You only need one thread for this question.

Dave.

Try a glazier, especially if it's a relatively flat piece of glass, they possibly wont have anything second hand but surely it's got to be cheaper than ARB.

It would be my first choice only on the grounds that I've got a mate who is a glazier and he's never had a problem replacing any piece of glass we've needed. I haven't needed a canopy done but given that he also fits ARB canopies I'd suggest he can replace most ARB glass, so other glaziers should be the same. Let us know how you get on.

It would be my first choice only on the grounds that I've got a mate who is a glazier and he's never had a problem replacing any piece of glass we've needed. I haven't needed a canopy done but given that he also fits ARB canopies I'd suggest he can replace most ARB glass, so other glaziers should be the same. Let us know how you get on.
Hey mate,
Yeah spoke to an auto glazier and he reckons might be just as easy to go to ARB.
Got a quote off them for $298 which ain't too bad I guess, but I'll take it in next week and get the quote officially.
Then I can get it fixed up and start UHF shopping which is what I was supposed to be doing!!
Cheers

Sorry didn't mean to come across as rude but one thread is enough

Dave.

Your cool Dave.
Questions for you mate if ya don't mind... seeing as though you have all the toys I want!
How are the Narva 225's? They look the goods, do they deliver?
What the hell's a catch can?
What sort of dual battery system are you putting in? I'm looking at this kit from Battery World and you can get similar ones on ebay, 100 amp systems that charge the starter battery first and then the aux.
Cheers, Marcus

The Narva's aren't a bad light, only problem is they come loose. I do alot of driving on crap roads doesn't help.

Mine have been converted to HID aswell and so have the headlights and she lights up the road. I have hit 3 roo's and the lights are still in one piece but hit them when they were ready to spring though.

But I am going to the Britax 220mm HID's soon as they run the Hella Rally 4000 reflector, bloody awesome light.

A catch can is a canister that catches the oil and stops it being fed into the motor, all turbo motors get blow by, its a good investment. I am upgrading my turbo soon to a ATX turbo that is coming onto the market.

The Dual battery kit I have is a ABR Sidewinder kit, D22 NAVARA TD

But I am going to a YD25DDTI CRD intake on the guard and snorkel as I want a bigger battery.

Dave.

Sorry didn't mean to come across as rude but one thread is enough

Dave.

That's ok Dave we are used to it by now :eviltongue:

Digbyj: I'm kind of suprised about the glazier's response, I had a quick chat to my mate last night and he reckons he will have a go at any glass for a canopy. Said it may take him a bit of time to get it right but glass is glass and he wouldn't call himself a glazier of automotive glass if he didn't atleast give it a go. Guess it just comes down to who really wants business and who doesn't.

That's ok Dave we are used to it by now :eviltongue:

Digbyj: I'm kind of suprised about the glazier's response, I had a quick chat to my mate last night and he reckons he will have a go at any glass for a canopy. Said it may take him a bit of time to get it right but glass is glass and he wouldn't call himself a glazier of automotive glass if he didn't atleast give it a go. Guess it just comes down to who really wants business and who doesn't.
Spoke to 2 more glaziers today who said talk to arb, but I agree with you guys, surely it's a glaziers job! Arb probably buy them off a glazier!!
Maybe time to start a new thread... Anyone know a good auto glazier, my neighbors gettin me a number and I'll try and ring around tomorrow, no time today.
Keep the ideas comin though, you guys are awesome!!

Hey Digby where in Healesville are you.I'm in Healesville aswell.Will have to catch up and play in the mud.Did you ring Doug at DY valley windscreens.0408602655
Also give Niss 4x4 a call he has had a shit load of arb canopys in and has side lift up windows lying around.You never know your luck.0393999771

this is something i hop i don't have to get into as the manufacturer of my canopy went bust and there is no way of getting parts. Its a great canopy and i would not be happy having to fork out dollars for another good one. They must buy the glass from somewhere though

My question to glaziers would be why can't they do something especially if its a flat piece of glass. I understand that a bent or contoured piece would be hard for them to make and they would probably have to source it premoulded but a flat sheet of glass should be easy to replace if all the hinges ans struts etc are there. Even so no canopy maker I know of has patented struts and hinges so it can't even be hard to find them.

I had a glass and shower screen company make me a set of glass shelves and a glass cabinet when I was in the shop, made with hardened and smoked glass and made to my specs with an ali frame, wasn't cheap but they had no issues making it, surely an automotive glass mob could do the same sort of thing.

Here's the update guys. Spoke to Doug at Yarra Valley Windscreens and he said coz they have holes in them for the handles and come witha frame that fits the canopy (the actual winsow is frameless) they are a custom fit and have to come from ARB. He said no one makes aftermarket ones that he knows of. Said they're a b***h to fit as well so sounds like I won't be doin it myself! Off to ARB we go, ouch.
Waitin to here back from Niss 4x4 that Scottybobcat mentioned, sounds like might have something.
In summary, TIE DOWN YOUR LOAD YOU DUMB IDIOT.
I'll post again with the result.

Hey Digby where in Healesville are you.I'm in Healesville aswell.Will have to catch up and play in the mud.Did you ring Doug at DY valley windscreens.0408602655
Also give Niss 4x4 a call he has had a shit load of arb canopys in and has side lift up windows lying around.You never know your luck.0393999771

Hey scottybc,
Yeah moved to the Ville at christmas, that's when finally put my foot down and said gotta get a 4x4!
Went out for the first time 2 weekends ago when it snowed. Went up Toolangi way and the boys took me up Rockey Track. Jesus, nice welcome for me, didn't make it up but had fun trying, was impressed with what the truck did standard. Now talking about gettin some suspension for her.
Are you Scott the local bobcat operator (it's kind of obvious I would have thought)? If so I've met you before, but that was before I had my Nav.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back