Arnhemland

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve99

Reaction score
Fellas,here's a few pics from my recent trip to Arnhemland in the NT.

This pic was taken just after we crossed the East Alligator river into Arnhemland. This is real Crocodile Dundee country.

5kj4li.jpg

This is near the headwaters of the Cooper ck which runs into the Arafura sea,it looks inviting but you wouldn't swim there.

16ln5et.jpg

Typical Arnhemland country.

wjujp0.jpg

We camped only 100m from the beach,although there is no surf at this beach.

Thats Valencia Is 4-5 clicks out. Croker Is can be seen way in the distance.

2d8gx1u.jpg

Great photos mate.How did you enjoy the trip.Where else did you go and what route did you take

Nowhere else,flew to Darwin and went from there. Where we camped reqiuired permission from the NLC (Northern land council) Its not the sort of place ordinary travellers venture too.

Here's a few more pics.

2e2ib05.jpg

30bhg8p.jpg

Awesome pics Steve, i love that part of the NT. looks like you had great weather, those crossings can get pretty serious in the wet season. cheers for posting them up.

did u see any crocks up there,on that beach

Yeah,we did see a croc in the water a few metres from the beach,he was just cruising past. In that area crocs are easy enough to see because the water was always relatively calm. We also saw another croc in a different area a few days later.

Here's a few more pics.

Looking across a fllodplain near Murganella Ck

29m63hy.jpg

Looking towards the beach from camp. Waking up to this sight every morning was very relaxing - believe me.

2ltfsxx.jpg

Back