Fuel consumption meter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackhon

Reaction score
HI guys.

Do your Nissan Navara have the Fuel consumption meter ?? just upside or ODO reading ???

Because my Navara dun have it...do your guys any idea make it active it ??

The only reason I'd want such a thing on my Nav is to compare it too the SG. Haven't had a car yet where the inbuilt consumption gauge was close to accurate, Holden's seem to be the worst. The old man can get 450ks out of his crewman after the refill light comes on the first time which is suppose to come on when there is about 15 litres left and because the fuel gauge is so far out the consumption/economy is also miles out. The sister in laws old Vectra was the same, both times Holden claimed they couldn't fix the problem.

SG isn't exactly accurate and is effected by rounding of figures entered and human error but it's a damn side closer than any factory system I've ever found. I also don't think there is room on the dash for any such thing, by the time the outside temp gauge is showing the dash LCD is full.

The wife's Territory fuel /trip/ consumption guage is spot on,
and a damn site easier to work than my SGII, in fact i gave up on the SG for that purpose, specially if you dont fill your tank completely, at the same pump, same servo and level ground at every fill..Grrr

Anyway, my gauge/low light are working well and consistantly now since new so i dont even bother with the SG.

Problem i find with the SG is its "dark ages" UI, like comparing DOS with current UI's,
and does'nt have enough compatibilites with vehicles in this country, and for $30 on fleabay i bought an OBDII scanner and software which does more than the SG.

Just thought I'd show a pic of where I installed mine. I've had the Scangauge II installed now for about 2 years....and when filling up it has always been within 2 litres of the actual fill...so not too shabby really.

Mine is installed down low on a small aluminium bracket using velcro. All works for me as I don't tend to look at it all the time. I've seen others installed up at eye level but I didn't want to drill holes or cut the dash mat etc.

Attachments

• centre_dash.JPG
    centre_dash.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 154
If you ask my mum I am the devil so it's strange that I wouldn't notice such things.

. I also don't think there is room on the dash for any such thing, by the time the outside temp gauge is showing the dash LCD is full.

The onboard Nissan one with DTE (distance to empty),km/L etc is on the screen with the trip gauge. In the European models to access this they just push the button that we use to change between trip A, trip B and service interval but they also get the rest.

I was actually reading that on the UK forums earlier today but couldn't be bothered changing my post back when I read it. Figured until someone found a way of converting our utes there was no need to get people excited.

Not being an Aussie you might want to try the US site instead of the aussie site if you decide to buy given that it's possibly cheaper for you and either place will require postage returns if you need a warranty claim.

All thats required as far as I know is to use the gauge cluster from aPathfinder however the DTE etc is relaint on the accuracy or lack there of of our fuel gauge.
I run the SG and its always within a Litre at fillup and I fillup sometimes at 1/2 tank if I am going interstate and yet its still accurate

Guest, I just wondering about I put performance chip in to my navara but the scangauge still can get my accurate fuel consumption ?

I installed scanguage II about 2 months ago ... love playing with it ... another bit of techno in the car.

Even though its on the dash, it took the wife about 2 weeks to notice it.

Back