Newby after suspension advice.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

243 win

Reaction score
hi new to forum iam looking at geeting EFS 2'' lift on 2004 d22 mainly looking for a better ride any advice would be good thanks

Welcome, a few guys here have EFS but my understanding is its good quality gear.

Dave.

Thanks Dave i think thats the way i will go . I have noticed a knocking noise from my front end when going around corners and roundabouts for the past few weeks i have looked at control arms and cv's all rubbers seem ok and nothing seems loose steering seems good no play sounds more from left hand side.Its worse at slow speeds any ideas what it might be.

Thanks Dave i think thats the way i will go . I have noticed a knocking noise from my front end when going around corners and roundabouts for the past few weeks i have looked at control arms and cv's all rubbers seem ok and nothing seems loose steering seems good no play sounds more from left hand side.Its worse at slow speeds any ideas what it might be.

Worn shocker bushes could cause a knock.

put new efs shocks front and back on a week ago didnt fix the knocking sound.However today sprayed wd40 on all contol arms bushes and every other bush i could see and it seemed to stop.So i thought i would go for a drive to test it out and do some fishing. By the time i got home the knocking sound was back only not as loud and it seems to be there when takeing off and braking .Thanks for reply 08kingcab

Sounds like something is worn, not sure how you checked, but you really need to get the wheels off the ground and squeeze all the joints with a big pair of multigrips to check for wear.

G'gay and welcome to the forum.Go to search thread and put in D22 suspension.There is plenty there to read.I have Iron man springs and torsion bars in mine and have found them great.Check all your bushes and ball joints but if they are ok dont worry about the knock,mine came factory fitted with it.lol.

Thanks for replys i have only checked bushes by feeling for movement with a big scewdriver for control arms and by hand on every other thing. I have checked all bolts where tight all good bugger all movement out of most .I tryed not to worry about it but it is just to anoying [iam known to be fussy with this ute says the misses] so on her advice well she told me to i have taken it to 4x4 obsession the guy there drove it and said it could be a number of things and putting the 2''lift and a wheel alinement might help and is going to check everything when his got it to put the lift in. However i will keep looking to see if i can find it.

Thanks for replys i have only checked bushes by feeling for movement with a big scewdriver for control arms and by hand on every other thing. I have checked all bolts where tight all good bugger all movement out of most .I tryed not to worry about it but it is just to anoying [iam known to be fussy with this ute says the misses] so on her advice well she told me to i have taken it to 4x4 obsession the guy there drove it and said it could be a number of things and putting the 2''lift and a wheel alinement might help and is going to check everything when his got it to put the lift in. However i will keep looking to see if i can find it.

Let us know how it works out.

have you had your torsion bars out? If not put in all the way properly they can have a knock.

Got EFS 2'' lift put in last week it has improved ride comfort and the extra hight helps going over rocks and rough ground but the dame knocking noise is still there. Although it is not as loud or happening as often .4x4 obsession or tyrepower could not find anything wrong.The brake calipers do make a bit of a knocking sound when given a shake should there be more than around 5mm of movement?

Here it is in CAPITALS.
YOU CANNOT LIFT A D22 BY 2" IN THE FRONT BECAUSE OF THE IFS with standard control arms.
Yes you gain clearance but you lose down travel making your ride harsh and farking crappy.

I also had EFS bars fitted by 4x4 obsession and they made a big difference to the front end. I get an occasional click or crack from the torsion bars and have looked for the cause but cannot find it. I reason that it may come from the splines of the bars vs the splines in the control arms or rear finger not meshing together correctly.

As for ARB------->Fark me sideways with a butternut pumpkin. I took my Becak / Tuk Tuk in there this morning and they cant see a problem with rear leaves being inverted and instead suggest that the Nitrocharger sports shocks are causing the harsh ride and that I should run instead just the standard nitrocharger shocks - $160 ea in addition to the crap I have already bought! Hows about go and flog yourselves senseless over the exorbitant money you make on shit products whilst giving blowjobs to your marketing dept!

Capitals again; ARB ARE ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT.

Mods mod as you see fit.

I know what it feels like to think you wasted hard earned on shit that doesn't do the job. Seen so many threads on different forums with inverted OME leaves. I think it has to be cheap shit chinese steel that is the problem. So many big companies don't value their reputation anymore because the market is so big these days that they'll still sell heaps. Don't even get me started on what i think of Samsung and thier shit.

Somewhere here there is a thread about LED strip lights and getting them at a "realistic" price straight from China. Whilst standing at ARB counter I watched an old digger fork over $39.95 for 1/2 metre of these packaged as "Bushranger" ---> ARB's budget products. If they were marketed as ARB the would be "capable of surviving a nuclear blast at 5m and waterproof to 10 000m" and twice the bloody price.
Enough thread highjacking but my last word is ---->capitals ARB WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER CENT OUT OF ME!!!!

I have Lovell springs in the back of my D22.

Would I buy them again, definetly.

Zordo was the only person that would sell me them as there pricey.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back