noise when turning left

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there great forum! Was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I have a 2006 str TD Navara that has 80000 on it. Just the last few days I have noticed a clicking noise when I turn left. It doesn't have to be on lock to do it and it doesn't sound like a normal cv noise to me. (could be wrong there though as I have only heard faulty cv's in regular passenger cars) It doesn't click constantly, just one or two clicks whenevr I turn left. Thanks in advance
Mike

My car makes a clicking noise when I turn either left or right. More like a ticking noise, really, goes tick tick ... tick tick ... in perfect time with the flashing arrow thingy on the dash too, so I think mine might be related to that.

Yours could be a cracked brake rotor, a bent guard/flap/shield, it could be junk in the CV causing wear. There might be something caught in the tyre - I've once had a nail that went in sideways into the tread and when I turned, it rubbed the inner guard.

G'day guys, thanks for the replies. I took the car to my mechanic today and he went over it and found nothing wrong with it. Embarrassingly he reckoned that the shackle I had on the front tow point had loosened itself and was swinging over when I turned left and hitting metal, causing the sound. I feel like a complete idiot and my wife reinforced how much of an idiot I am. Happy though it was something so simple as the car goes up for sale in a week. Cheers for the info guys, Mike

Latest posts

Back