buying a navara - Help me out

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim.duncan

Reaction score
Hey Guys

totally new to the 4x4 world am an looking at getting one.
its a toss up between a hilux and a navara, i have about 12k to spend, car will mostly be used for daily around town duties then long drives on bitumen then some off road tracks on the weekend looking for awesome elusive surf spots

i went and had a look at a 2000 d22 s3 dx, 3ltr petrol v6, 220,000km

i was pretty impressed with it and was wondering what sorts of things you need to look for when purchasing?

any and all help/opinions wanted

as i said i have no idea what im doing!

Welcome Tim.

You will find heaps of information on this site and not much of it positive when it comes to Toyotas but it's all personal preference so don't let that stop you buying either, chances are the Toyota forum will say the same thing about Nav's

There's quite a few people with that era ute so someone will no doubt give you a heads up at some stage but until then have a read through the D22 section you'll no doubt find something relative to your purchase.

Welcome, the VG30E is a reliable motor. They run a timing belt so make sure thats been changed.

Make sure its been serviced, you will have to try very very hard to kill the gearbox and the diffs, the rear diff is a 9.5" center and the front is a 8 inch center.

Good luck.

Dave.

Cheers guys

thanks for the input, iv only looked at one 4x4 (the navara) and im pretty sold on it. i would normally look a a few before buying but this one just seems so right for me.

hopefully all falls into place and it can happen

Latest posts

Back