drivers seatbelt

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan_blue

Reaction score
Hello does anyone have a similar problem to me? When you lean forward with the seatbelt on it does not retract back when you lean back? Its really annoying and I have to move the seatbelt holder to get it to retract back in.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem as its a potential safety issue

I know in my on other car it had the same problem, some times dirt etc gets stuck in there, the last time i got a service they fixed it for me for free, it just needs a clean out.

I get the problem that when I have the car on a fair lean, the bloody thing clamps me in and I can't move. I'll be celebrating the day they invent something better than seatbelts.

At least you're not suffering like the D22 guys and cable-tying yourself into the seat every time you want to go for a drive.

Mine retracts just fine, 32,000km on the clock (a little over, who cares), but I keep the interior fairly clean, I don't drive with my windows down usually, I have had pollen filters installed since new (near enough) and I've never submerged it above the bottom of the doors.

I'd be tempted to use some silicone lube on the mechanical bits. Works bloody wonders on anything else I've used it on (from hinges, to door locks to leaf springs).

I have had the same issue in my wife's R51. It seems to just be a build up of grunge from body oils and so on taken up by the belt and deposited on the top anchor point. This thread reminded me and I went out and cleaned it again and it runs much better back into the pillar.

At least you're not suffering like the D22 guys and cable-tying yourself into the seat every time you want to go for a drive.

Huh? not sure what problem you mean there or is there a problem I should keep an eye out for? Mine (Last of the line ZD30 ST-R) Has only done 39,000km so any age related troubles are unlikely to have shown yet.

I have never had a belt issue in my D22 except for the bloody stupid clamp they used to keep the buckle from dropping right to the bottom anchor when you take the belt off. If I set it so that it is comfortable with the belt on the buckle sits down so low that it tends to tangle with the door and is hard to reach. If I set it so that it is reachable the clamp bites into my hip with the belt on. I much prefer the plastic stud in the R51/D40.

Latest posts

Back