PRG UCA Passed by Engineer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I spoke with my engineer this afternoon and he can see no issues at all with installing the PRG UCA into my truck. I have to install them and then take the truck back for him to inspect and then he will write up the docco required and my D40 will be legally registered with after market upper control arms.
WooFreakinHoo
I think this weekend will be busy lol
I will be installing the PRG UCA the Radflo struts and the 1 1/2" PRG rear lift blocks .
Truck will be up 40mm ish from where it is now and it will remain 100% legal

Very keen to see how ya go with these arms. How do you set up the adjustablility on em just guess and get a wheel alignment?
Also have you got any pics of the ball joint set up in em? I am curious as to what side they have the circlip on.

Did you see that guy who had the prg arms and they failed due to the balljoint? I am not being n a dick and I really hope these work (as I want to get more lift too! lol) just curious if ya might know any extra info that I am unaware of.

Have fun

He looked at all the specs of the materials used and he said everything was way stronger than the stock arms
I have rubber boots to install over the Heim joints and will try to source some sort of boot to put over the Uniball to keep that clean

Mine are the next generation of the arms with the circlip larger in size and now on the top where they were on the bottom.
Greg has litterally built hundreds of sets of these arms and the ones that failed are the only ones that I know of that have failed.He also builds same type arm for the Titan, the bigger brother of the Frontier( Navara) and the guys in the states really put the gear to the test offroad.
Greg from PRG and Glenn from Radflo put a heap of energy and pride into their products and really stand by them 100%

In actual fact there is more lift options built for the 4x2 than the 4x4. The 4x2 can use any of the 4x4 parts plus you can get different spindles that will give 100mm lift ( I think ) with no other parts , so stock arms and shocks.

I will be doing some measurements as to where the suspension sits with the stock arm and then take a few mm off that to try to get the camber right.
I spoke to the guys at Beaurepairs this arvo and they have no issues at all with working on this type of gear.

Last edited:
Ok stage 1 of the lift is done
Rear blocks in took 40 minutes with just a floor jack and a 21mm socket and 3/4" socket.21mm for the factory nuts and 3/4" for the new nuts from PRG.
Didnt even bother taking off the wheels lol
Will drive it for a few kms after I finish the front and then re-tension the bolts .
Used the armo torque wrench to ffffn tight lol
Can do pics n stuff and a blow by blow if anyone wants it
Its a walk in the park job and no dramas at all
Still have to adjust the brake valve thingy but will do that once the truck is finally level
Height to rear guard is now 940mm from the original 900mm give or take a mm

Keep us posted Aussie ... I'm sure someone will ask for the blow by blow ... so you better start drafting it up ... LOL (with piccys of course ...)

Well the rear end is a walk in the park even the dodgy way I did it lol
Undo the U Bolt nuts and remove the bottom retainer plate
install the blocks ( can be a bit of a fiddle getting the pins to line up )
reverse the dismantle procedure and thats it
Your now lifted by whatever the thickness of the blocks are.
I went with the 1 1/2" blocks from PRG as I already have maybe 10mm lift in the tyres so it will still stay under the 50mm total lift figure

So the whole thing will still be under the legal 50mm? What is the purpose of the upper control arms then? Sorry for my nievity.

My truck had crap camber from new. Even as it sits now with the front sagged 15mm the camber is almost 1 degree positive . The UCA are to be able to get the front end back into the negative. I want to have some travel in the front end to stop it bottoming out all the time on virtually nothing.
Oh yeah forgot to mention that the 50 is total lift so 10mm lift with my 265/70/R17 tyres and Im at the 50mm limit

Last edited:
Ok rear end is done and so is front left
Lift block piccies
NavaraLiftstage13.jpg

NavaraLiftstage12.jpg

NavaraLiftstage11.jpg

Dunno lol
Its still on stands in the shed lol
I am only spending about an hour or so every night after I get home from work.
I still have the drivers side to finish
Have already taken out the shock and got the UCA disconnected from the ball joint. just have to get the damm bolts out. I think it takes longer removing that damm plastic inner gaurd then it does anything else
Once the alignment is done I have to put the rubber boots on the heim joints and re install those damm plastic inner guards again.

Ok have just finished putting in the drivers side UCA WITHOUT cutting the bolt.
I undid the steering colum coupling and there is just enough room to wiggle the bolt out so that saved me a tonne of time and I dont need new bolts .
Still havent tightened anything up yet or installed the coilover but I got the UCA in so thats enough for tonight

Ok trucks back on all 4
minor issue with the brakes and the ABS light but thats fixed and I have taken the truck for a run and the ride is way better.
Still have to finish the fine adjustments and get an alignment but so far its really well worth the effort.
The 500lb springs worked a treat

Ok everything went to plan and the truck is now raised 40mm and sitting nice and level.
off to get an alignment tomorrow so should be good to go.
So far the results are great. Very much better ride

NavaraUCA002.jpg

NavaraUCA006.jpg

NavaraUCA005.jpg

NavaraUCA004.jpg

Latest posts

Back