2" Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonM

Reaction score
Im sure this has been talked about b4 on here, but as im new here i havent seen it. Basically im looking at putting a 2" lift on my d40, i hav read thru some of the posts and hav seen some ppl suggest that a lift using shackles at the back isn't a good idea. I hav been on a site called 4wd1.com and they sell a few diff options. So which is best, spacers up front with shackles or blocks in the rear. Is there any better places to buy from, im in Perth but dont mind buying over the net from over east.
Cheers

I got a 2.5" leveling kit from the US on eBay, cost me about AUD$190 delivered to my door. It had a 1 1/2" block for the rear... I read that blocks were 'safer' than extended shackles so thats why I went way and with the US$ up the states was a cheap way of doing it as it was around $400+ to get the same over here.

for me its only a temporary solution till I get enough $$$ a proper full suspension kit. I keep finding other stuff I need to spend the cash on to get it ready for a trip across the Nullabor at xmas.

I also got some adjustable camber/caster bolts for around $60 from the US as I couldn't find any here..

hey man have you installed the adjustable cam bolts yet?
What was involved?

I have some factory nissan ones but haven't had a chance to install.
They will require some mods to install like die grinding the hole to a slot and welding on some tabs. All the yanks install these and it sounds like a simple mod so I was wondering if they are a bit different to the factory set up.

The difference between the D40 Frontier and the D40 Navara is the Frontier come equiped for camber pins just not fitted with them . Install the pins and you have camber adjustment.
Snake Racing was making a weld in kit to fix this issue on the Navara but last time I called them they still werent ready.
I went with lift blocks in the rear and coilovers and new UCA in front .
I should be able to get the truck level and alligned with about 40mm of lift.
Shackles are rumored to be illegal in all states soon. They are already not for highway use in a few states on the east coast and apparently the rest will follow soon .
The biggest issue with blocks is they promote axle wrap . However if you get lifted springs you might end up with a stiffer ride if you carry no extra weight.

Cheers guys think i might at getting blocks with the whole legality issue with shackles. Might hav a look on ebay to find something from the U.S, is there a real need to get some camber bolts as well ????

Unless you want to slot the holes and weld on your chassis the camber bolts wont do anything for you.
This is whats going in mine
PRG Products
productimage-picture-prg_frontier_block_kits-3993_t366.jpg

The biggest issue with blocks is they promote axle wrap . However if you get lifted springs you might end up with a stiffer ride if you carry no extra weight.[/QUOTE]

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by axle wrap Aussie???

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by axle wrap Aussie???[/QUOTE]

Search you tube for Axle Wrap, they have a video that shows it, what happens and 1 way to rectify it.

Latest posts

Back