Series 4 ST-X Questions...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncySpam

Reaction score
I picked up my Nav yesterday, and already some of my plans are struggling...

I intended to put the Recarros I have into it, but I noticed this morning a tag on the drivers seat saying SRS Airbag. I am assuming that I wont be able to swap the seats over... which will very much bum me out if it is the case as the standard seats are poo. Can anyone confirm this?

Second. Whats the thing on the roof near the interrior lights? I was thinking of putting in a roof console, but if that thing is essential then I can't see how I can fit one...

*sigh*

oh and another thing...

Anyone know how to get the stereo out? I was expecting the dash to look the same as the old ones (with the tray on top of the stereo) but it doesnt... and I cant see any obvious way into the dash, apart from trying to pull the dash piece off, which I would be very reluctant to try...

Throw up some pics if you can UncySpam, someone else with a current model might be able to help later but never know with a few pics some of may be able to nut it out now.

I picked up my Nav yesterday, and already some of my plans are struggling...

I intended to put the Recarros I have into it, but I noticed this morning a tag on the drivers seat saying SRS Airbag. I am assuming that I wont be able to swap the seats over... which will very much bum me out if it is the case as the standard seats are poo. Can anyone confirm this?

Second. Whats the thing on the roof near the interrior lights? I was thinking of putting in a roof console, but if that thing is essential then I can't see how I can fit one...

*sigh*

side airbags in seats. blue tooth mic in roof near light

Wouldn't the bluetooth be as easy to move as the roof lights therefore making the console an easy mod?

Yes there will no doubt be a legal/road worthy issue as with removing any safety feature and I haven't seen the new bluetooth thing but I would have reckoned it would as easy to relocate as anything else electrical. Depending on the console chosen there is probably a spot to mount it on bottom side so it only has to be moved a few inches. That would be my thinking without seeing it anyway.

yah the seats is the annoying one. Will have to sell em and see if I can get new ones with airbag compatibility... oh i hope I can!

What about the Pathfinder seats?. Still probably not legal/safe to swap them over though.

The Pathfinder seats are identical. Quick dig of information shows that there are aftermarket seats with airbag, but I need to spend some time to work out what can and cant be done.

The Pathfinder seats are identical. Quick dig of information shows that there are aftermarket seats with airbag, but I need to spend some time to work out what can and cant be done.

Best bet would be to speak to an Engineer, I'm guessing it would need certification.

IMAG0018.jpg

Not the best photo, but hopefully it will help to illustrate the difference between the old dash and the new.

looks like the whole fascia will come off in one piece.

I think you may have to be the test pilot on this one, or maybe try a Europe forum.

The pathfinder has the same seats in the ST, the ST-L upwards is trimmed in leather and presumably has the airbag mounted in it like the Nav. I did not think the seats in the new ST-X were bad myself (I drove one last weekend and have answered some of my own questions about performance, the 140kw version is a pretty strong feeling unit) but my opinion on the seats may not count for much, so few cars are comfortable for me to sit in that I have concluded I am a strange shape. The older R51 we have now I think is good. Drove it from Melbourne to Adelaide and back over a six day weekend (Two across, two there for a car club event and two back again) and got out without any aches each day. If we did not have a 2 year old in the car to think about I would have done the trip in one day each way.

Latest posts

Back