D40 hubs for trailer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodyD40

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to source D40 hubs for a camper trailer (non braked) ?

i have a spare set of D40 alloys, and i want to have matching tyres on Nav and Trailer ...

pity the tyres are too big, otherwise i'd change the boat trailer too ... LOL

Wreckers? We got Commodore hubs put on our trailer many years ago and the tyre bloke sourced the hubs but I'd imagine he probably went straight to the wreckers. Apparently there is two Nissan wreckers in Victoria according to threads yesterday.

I like the idea of Nav wheel under a boat trailer, go the 2 inch lift as well and watch out for low bridges.

I think they were around $85 each. They were made for a customer that never collected them so I may have picked them up cheap. Your right about there pricing, last port of call these days!

Thanks kingcab

I just phoned Melbourne Trailers (at Chelsea heights)

have been advised $85.25 each, custom ordered to suit - and thats with bearings (each)
so, 170.50 for a matching pair. and probably $11 courier charge to get them to my door.

All i need to do is check if the existing bearings on trailer are ford or holden bearings (i'm hoping they are ford, so its the same as my boat trailer)

Being custom (becuase they dont have stock atm) its about 3 to 4 days to get them delivered from placement of order)

I dont think thats too bad actually.

I just hope the offsets of the existing tyres to the navara rims are not too different, otherwise i'm up for a replacement axle as well ..... i will be checking those measurements 2nite, thats for sure.

I bought a new axle as I wanted the exact same wheel track for towing on sand. Got it from M.T. I think it was $125?? I can't remember the length but it wasn't a standard.

Looks like i need a new axle - approx 100mm longer than the one i currently have ... been quoted $330 .... i'll need to shop around i think.

So, since i know nothing about mechanical. What do i need to be looking for or asking for to get my trailer to be able to take D40 wheels. It already 6 stud, what the hell is an offset (in regards to wheels)?

There is actually a description with pictures in one of these threads as to what offset is, and I'm sure there is wiki pages that describe wheel offset.

As far as the actual offset I think it's 30mm STX and 45mm Thai, or the other way around (it's in a thread somewhere here too), but on a trailer it's not going to be as important because it's easily modified. However to me the idea of making a trailer have the same rims as the car is so that spares fit so it would be silly getting 45mm offset wheels if the ute has 30mm offset.

Ok, so offset is irrelevant as the wheels i'm putting on are my "recalled" set. My problem will be D40's rubbish one of a kind stud pattern.

So back to original question, what am i looking for to achieve the correct stud pattern?

Biscuits said:
So back to original question, what am i looking for to achieve the correct stud pattern?
Chop the front axles off your d40. Or
Get your self a d22

Go to the wreckers and ask for two hubs off a D40 or Pathy, there is bound to be some out there somewhere. Not 100% sure but I think that's what Woody did, he should be home (if he hasn't frozen his nuts off) soon and might be able to shed more light.

Woody where did you get your axle from and was it cheaper than the quote you mentioned earlier. Thinking about changing the camper to match my ute.

Guys, back from weekend away - and quickly scanning through a couple of the threads.

I went to Melbourne Trailers and bought a brand new axle and hubs for my Camper Trailers - and made sure they CUSTOM did the hubs to suit the D40 rims. (which they stuffed up and had to re-do). I'll look up my receipts latter today to find out how much i paid - but the cost will be slightly inflated because i got an extra set of wheel studs and nuts and a spare set of bearings too.

Melbourne trailers did the custom hubs out of BLANKS which they drilled the correct stud pattern to suit the D40.

I decided to go this way (rather than sorcing 2nd hand) because intend to do a lot of km's with the camper trailer, including off road trips - so i did not want 2nd hand with unknown quality - rather i wanted 1st rate quality which i know i dont need to worry about for many km's.

There's a mob in beenleigh (Bris) that do the braked hubs in disc or drum. I had to fit wider axle because of offset but if you want numbers just pm. Need to ask for same threads on studs on hubs too as they are(or were)different

Finally got a chance to look through my credit card statement. What it cost me was $420.00

Back