Newbie Needs some help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dahussla

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im new to this Fourm

I have recently bought a D22 Navara from my dad, he owned it from new ( barely got it over 80 Km/h) and I know its history

always services never missed a beat (besides when he put diesel in it froma dodgy servo and had to have the complete fuel system replaced)

he has had a bit of problems with the from steering bushes making noises, he has had to have them greased regularly.

I want to know if anyone else has had this problem.

also I want to raise it slightly is there any implications with this regarding insurance in NSW?

Steering bushes ?

2 inch lift and you should be fine.

Got a pic of the bushes your talking about ?

Dave.

Welcome to the forum!

A 50mm raise should be legal and therefore insurable.

As for the steering bushes, maybe something got into them to cause the noise - has it been off-road at all? Is there any play in the steering? What about in the wheels - jack the front left wheel up, grasp the tyre by the front and rear (forming a horizontal line across the hub) and try to make the wheel steer left and right (the right-hand wheel, being on the ground, should prevent this). Any play in that? Repeat for the right side. If you get some play, your steering needs servicing.

Hi Guys,

Im new to this Fourm

I have recently bought a D22 Navara from my dad, he owned it from new ( barely got it over 80 Km/h) and I know its history

always services never missed a beat (besides when he put diesel in it froma dodgy servo and had to have the complete fuel system replaced)

he has had a bit of problems with the from steering bushes making noises, he has had to have them greased regularly.

I want to know if anyone else has had this problem.

also I want to raise it slightly is there any implications with this regarding insurance in NSW?

:welcome: mate.

Dont stress. just natural squeaks.
Take the advise of the first 4 post and you'll be right..

:cheers!:
jim.

thanks guys... I am looking into getting a lift kit soon just to raise it a bit but nothing to major as I still want to get my dirt bikes in the back

Latest posts

Back