Long weekend screwed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So much for 4 days pig shooting on the NSW plains.
I planned this trip for 4/6 weeks to go with 8 others,and i get a call from the farmer on wednesday just gone,that the place is under water after heavy rains last weekend,and more rain forecast this weekend,so were told not to come up.
The other thing is the mozzies have been breeding up and they reached humungus size,able to carry away a grown man,and not to mention all the frkn snakes pushed up onto dry land,and blah blah blah..
Im freakn pissed off......
anyone thinking going up around Hay/Ivanhoe NSW.......forget it...

So much for 4 days pig shooting on the NSW plains.
I planned this trip for 4/6 weeks to go with 8 others,and i get a call from the farmer on wednesday just gone,that the place is under water after heavy rains last weekend,and more rain forecast this weekend,so were told not to come up.
The other thing is the mozzies have been breeding up and they reached humungus size,able to carry away a grown man,and not to mention all the frkn snakes pushed up onto dry land,and blah blah blah..
Im freakn pissed off......
anyone thinking going up around Hay/Ivanhoe NSW.......forget it...

Ah thats tough....

they reckon there's pigs in dissa though.

Hi Fella's

I hate it when you organize a shooting trip and something happens.I have had it happen to me a few times.There is not much you can do about the weather ,but at least it is good for the farmers.

Shane

Yep, after more than 12 years of drought here, i will never complain about it raining, even if it fucks up my plans, which it does to me, it seems more than with others.

Hi Fella's

I hate it when you organize a shooting trip and something happens.I have had it happen to me a few times.There is not much you can do about the weather ,but at least it is good for the farmers.

Shane
what do you hunt? where abouts...generaly speaking

Yep, after more than 12 years of drought here, i will never complain about it raining, even if it fucks up my plans, which it does to me, it seems more than with others.

hey krankin,,,do you live on a farm? got any bunnys that need thinning out,or anything else....

hey krankin,,,do you live on a farm? got any bunnys that need thinning out,or anything else....

unfortunately not at the moment..

went rabbiting last week though at a friends vineyard up at Graytown where i normaly max out on bunnies but the recent floods drowned all but half a dozen i saw that night.
Have to wait till they breed up ugain.

krankin, whats your weapon of choice for bunnys?
we use HMR 17,S with 12-20 scopes...
you can see the bunnys blinking from 300 mtrs away...great rifle

Have too nik off for a couple of hours now..
will pm you later tonight with some details and may give you a ring 2moro if needs be..

it about 40 mins north of epping and not far from whittlesea, but I'll send some details later if your interested.

Where are you at? there maybe something more suitable

Have too nik off for a couple of hours now..
will pm you later tonight with some details and may give you a ring 2moro if needs be..

it about 40 mins north of epping and not far from whittlesea, but I'll send some details later if your interested.

Where are you at? there maybe something more suitable

that would be great..im in rowville,near ferntree gully...im off to bed,i will check in tomorrow morning,thanks.....:rock:

Mt dissapointment is nth up the hume highway.Take the wandong exit.PM Dion as he lives up there and would know the tracks up there or you can come out with us tomorrow being sat or you can come out on sunday.There are deer up where I am.

krankin, whats your weapon of choice for bunnys?
we use HMR 17,S with 12-20 scopes...
you can see the bunnys blinking from 300 mtrs away...great rifle

The 300WMag gets the job done for the long shots:big_smile:...hehehe...na just kiddin.

Mostly the 22 when i want clean meat for the table and most places i go are within 60mtr shots,
for pest control i love using the 12g for bunny shots offhand and on the run,
and the CZ 17HMR for the longer bunny shot or for short range fox shootin.

Jim.

that would be great..im in rowville,near ferntree gully...im off to bed,i will check in tomorrow morning,thanks.....:rock:
Your welcome to come up to Dissa and I can show you around but I wont be available this weekend.

Otherwise Tarago SF is closer to you being NE to E of Gembrook,
and Yarra SF adjoining Tarago E of Yarra Junction,
and then you have Toolangi SF, N of Healesville.

Vicroads directory shows most tracks through S/Forests, though UBD Vic country roads directory show the SF 's light green in colour and not many tracks,
where the Vicroads only shows the tracks, (in better detail) and not the SF outline.

For individual map sheets, buy some 'Rooftops' maps available at tackle stores, gunshops etc,
or online map shops, one in Werribee and one in Adelaide. Both post to your home, order online. I'll try and find the web sites and post them

Alternatively the DSE website has all the maps and details as well.

I'd recommend you find a farm property ifin you want get bunnies in any great quantities.

Oh and if your ever up Kerang way, pm me before you go and I'll give road name where in a 1 klm strecth of road, the rabbits are so thick you can knock over two with one shot.

:cheers!:
Jim.

what do you hunt? where abouts...generaly speaking

When I can shoot on weekend it's at Anzac Rifle Range Malabar.I shot field class rifles from 300 metre's to 800 metre's.I go hunting around Bourke.I am trying to get on some farms around Cobar, Nyngan area.I have shot in some state forest's.Most of my shooting is done with the following calibres
Bunnys 22lr,22magnum.Foxes 223,220 swift,Goats pigs 25-06,308.Target rifle 308. :thank_you2:

Shane :cheers!:

Latest posts

Back