Mud terrains for series 4 D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bozo4

Reaction score
20qnp90.jpg

I am thinking it might be time for a set of mud terrains on my series 4 d40.. I was wondering what size are the biggest I can go with the standard rims? The rims on these are 17inch...

I run Cooper ST's on road and when I cant be bothered putting the Mickey T's on and they work weel.

Dave.

The Cooper ST's are about your only choice I think, unless you are prepared to engineer and fit something bigger

I was pretty disappointed with the ones I had on my 'troll, they chipped very very badly

My local tyre guy says 265/70 is the biggest i can go on standard suspension.

265/70 legal
i would go 265/75 screw the law and my insurance lol

consider micket T's ATZ...yea they're bit dearer but worth it...4wd action tested the ATZ 4Rib and they almost performed just as good as the MT's and less road noise.

uncyspam is correct about Cooper's chipping...terrible chipping reviews.

Last edited:
I have the tough dog 40mm lift, ended up being 65mm, with 265/70/17 maxxis bighorns which measure 31.7 from memory. Any bigger than that will probably require some sort of trimming of guards. Unless you go the 5 inch lift. However I have found this setup quite adequate.

I forgot the D40 series 4 has 17" rims.

Another problem going to bigger tyres is the change in overall gearing, unfortunately there are no alternate diff ratios available.

I have a 2 inch ironman lift kit. can i go bigger? if so like how big?

bozo

i have a 2" ironman lift, and when i want to play - i put a set of 32" MAXIS muddies on, without any problems at all.

BUT

i run 31" bfg a/t's for normal driving, much queiter and better on ecconomy.

Latest posts

Back