BS light on after Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just finished putting my lift in and now I have the ABS light on. Anyone got any ideas. Nothing got moved or damaged as far as I know .yes I did search lol
Anyway of resetting the ABS apart from a full system reset ?

Ok now Im confused
i just backed off the load sensing valve and now the ABS light has gone and the brakes seem fine. The placard says the length should be 145mm but everything seems fine with the spring at the min length and the load sensing valve is now not activated. Assuming that when the arm is pulled in by the spring is activated and when the spring is backed off its not.
NFI

Last edited:
i had a weird ABS light issue...randomly comes on and off wtf?! took it to nissan and detected an error code on the obdII tool then couldnt fault it again...they said come back when the light is back on...that was almost year ago...and the light hasnt come back on...touch wood

but does the ABS work?? lol

when i had my issue..we soaped up the road in the sticks and tested the ABS...and luckily they were working. you can totally feel the ABS working..

Last edited:
Well Ok so I didnt test that lol
I drove down the road and jammed on the anchors and it stopped well so I was happy enough with that lol.

To be honest still not 100% sure how the load sensing valve is meant to work
It felt like when it was first lifted the rear brakes werent cutting in much at all
Since I backed the spring off on that valve it feels much stronger in the brakes .

To be honest still not 100% sure how the load sensing valve is meant to work
It felt like when it was first lifted the rear brakes werent cutting in much at all
Since I backed the spring off on that valve it feels much stronger in the brakes .

That makes good sense

Lift = "very light load" as far as the LSV knows

Lowered = "very heavy load" as far as the LSV knows

More load = more pressure in the rear brakes

Yes thats faur but why back off the back brakes to start with.
if with the valve backed right off and no load in the rear the brakes work well and dont cause the ABS to kick in then why bother with the valve and not just leave the truck for best possible brakes

Yes thats faur but why back off the back brakes to start with.
if with the valve backed right off and no load in the rear the brakes work well and dont cause the ABS to kick in then why bother with the valve and not just leave the truck for best possible brakes

Do a fully laden brake test see if it feels safe and comfortable. By adding an LSV, when in the fully laden condition the rear brake pressure can be increased, providing improved stopping performance.

Unless I misunderstand what you mean about backing the spring off.

No you have it right
I rarely use the tub for any weights as I bought the truck for my bad back . It was the height of the truck and the space in the cab that sold me on the Nav.
On the LSV spring bracket there is a slotted hole for adjustment. The bracket is set at its minimum distance at the moment so the spring is short and not pulling the bracket out and closing off the valve.So as it is now I have full brake fluid prssure going to the back brakes and to be honest it feels pretty good .

No you have it right
I rarely use the tub for any weights as I bought the truck for my bad back . It was the height of the truck and the space in the cab that sold me on the Nav.
On the LSV spring bracket there is a slotted hole for adjustment. The bracket is set at its minimum distance at the moment so the spring is short and not pulling the bracket out and closing off the valve.So as it is now I have full brake fluid prssure going to the back brakes and to be honest it feels pretty good .

Okay I get it now. Try it in the wet too?

actually not yet No
I am booked in for an alignment on Tuesday and seeing I have all the plastic inner guards out so the guys can get at the UCA bolts I am leaving the truck in the shed for now. I looked in behind the guards and there is some sort of foam wrapped in plastic in there and i figured i can wait to set up the brakes again.
However that being said the ABS should in theory stop any problems of lockup.
I am going to attempt a disk brake swap on the truck when I can get the bucks to do it. I have been doing all the research and rading heaps and iyts just gets more confusing.
I have come to the assumption that in theory I should be able to install a pressure reg valve to drop the pressure from the drums to the disks. But that in theory should be all it needs.

I have come to the assumption that in theory I should be able to install a pressure reg valve to drop the pressure from the drums to the disks. But that in theory should be all it needs.

It's certainly not straightforward is it! I have the exact same regulator problem with fitting my five link disc brake rear axle.

Latest posts

Back