BRUNSWICK 19-21 nov 4WD/CAMP

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
Hey again to all the Perth Navara members!

After a very successful and FUN trip to Brunswick last time, with the chance to do some fun as 4wding and to meet some great people, its time to do it again.

For those that haven't been here is where I want to go:
Brunswick 4x4 | Get out and enjoy it!

This is a family orientated event so bring your family if you want, and in all we're all here to have a good time and some fun, aswell as giving those who aren't so experienced in 4WDing a good place to learn and giving those who are 4WD veterans a chance to try out some challenging tracks.

All food, drink (water and BOOZE) and cooking items are BYO, town is a good 10-15min drive from the camp site so make sure you pack what you need.

Also as we are camping, please bring you're own drinking water and please bring a rubbish bag for your litter.

I highly recommend that everyone bring some very very warm clothing for night time, and even during the day depending on the upcoming weather.

Not too sure on the camp fire status, but I think fire-ban season starts early November

In the terms of 4WD, here is my list of things you MUST at least have:
- 1 x rated snatch strap
- 1 x rated shackle (must be rated)
- 1 x front or rear recovery point (both front and rear are preferred, but I know the difficulties of fitting recovery points)
- 1 x spare tyre (being rocky a puncture is possible)
- 1 x car jack/tool kit supplied with your car (a more advanced toolkit is preferred, anything can happen out there)
- 1 x ENOUGH FUEL TO COMPLETE THE TRIP

Things which I RECOMMEND you have:
1 x air compressor (I don't mind lending mine, but its just a hassle if everyone else forgets haha)
1 x UHF CB radio (channel 16 if you do)
1 x puncture repair kit
1 x First Aid kit (whether it is a basic kit or a Saint John's full kit, I HIGHLY recommend people have one in their car)
1 x tyre deflators (its the small things in life that make the biggest difference haha)

I think that about covers it in terms of what to bring for 4WDing, for camping gear its the obvious tent, sleeping bag, change of clothes, etc.

There are no toilets on the campsites, so I just suggest to drive into town as its only a short trip away, 10min.

A map of how to get their from Perth is as follows, and as you can see its pretty easy:
brunswick.png

So yeah, if you are keen and can CONFIRM that you are coming along then please put yourself down as confirmed.

If possible it'd be great if everyone could turn up to Brunswick by 6pm on FRIDAY. Just drive into town and park up in the parking lot opposite the pub, and just hit up channel 16 on the UHF to let us know when you get in town.

I understand if you cant make it Friday, so if possible try get into Brunswick around 8-9am and when in town shout us a call on the UHF. We'll be in town anyways for breakfast probably haha.

Cheers everyone and I hope we get a good turn out from this!

George

hahaha you really dont want me too come on a trip lol
jokes mate
will be in tassie for a holiday 13th nov to the 27th
sorry bro

Looks like we going fishin maddog! I finish at 1 in the city on fridays if u wanna head down for fri night? Can go down around margs if there isn't much traffic. There is camping and cliffs down that way or hit binningup beach cause u can hav a camp fire right where ur line hits the water OR there's a dam down past Brunswick I think with fresh water fishing (I have liscence) with hopeful campspot near te water too (which I wouldn't mind checkin out). I will probably need to road trip via manjimup on the way home to borrow a mates cement mixer but can do that sat or sun.

unfortunately I'm out, the Boss has booked me else where. let me know where and what time, I'll let Kiwi know. His Attendance is all dependent on the canary coming off his car hehehe.

Chris

Looks good to me! Lock it in? Also don't need to go via manjimup anymore woo!

i havent been fishing in ages.

need new line and all the others bits n pieces :(

good news:
got a new exhaust system, genie hi-temp coated extractors + 2.5" pipe + 2 resonators, and a tip that exits just past the cab, sounds AMAZING haha

also just fitted a set of LED tail lights, no getting pulled over for a faulty tail light! and damn my reverse led's light up the street haha

Don't rush out and buy anything man, I got a spare rod n tackle etc... Not known for catching much more than a cold though

last thing i caught was a fkn starfish at the beach

been ages since i went fishing, gonna be catching birds out of trees! haha

we might as well leave as early as we can. you can always come by mine since i live 3km from the south street off-ramp from kwinana fwy, and then head down together.

i'll steal my nans new gps and try put offroad maps on it haha

Any other weekend but this one and I would join in but due to wedding anniversary plans I will have to give it a miss. Happy wife = happy life and hopefully will make it next time.
Have a good time all.
Cheers....Phill

Latest posts

Back