Walhalla to Kevington - Cup Weekend.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgie

Reaction score
Howdy folks,
This trip was more about checking out some High Country towns with a few tracks thrown in and a little drink each night.
A group of us - 3 x D22 (Me & Jet the dog, Robbo & Clinton) and a tray Rodeo (Joel & Nick) headed off from Moe at 2pm Saturday to Walhalla and up Binns Road and McEvoys track to a camp off S16.
Sunday morning back along McGuire's Tk to Pluto Tk. Some nice track near the end of these two. Headed up Aberfeldy road to Woods Point. A beer in the pub and a walk around town and we then found a camp site by the Goulburn River. The Rodeo headed for home.
Outside the pub we had a chat with some other drivers and got some advice about a track we had planned to do - Champion Spur Tk. Due to the wet weather it was decided to avoid that one -we weren't looking for damage and none of us have a winch.
Monday came with new plans - Webber Spur Tk - Black River Tk - Lazarinis Spur Tk to Knockwood. Near the junction of Webber Spur and Black River we came across some big rigs and described where we were going - they said we should NOT attempt Black River Track! Massive ruts and you spend a bit of time against the track wall and will need to winch parts of it!! Not for us. Their advice was go down Champion Spur Tk to Woods Point - we would be okay on that track. A little confused we did a u-turn and headed back down Webber Spur Tk - which was quite wet in spots but was no problem - has a good rock base.
Near the end the big rigs passed us and had a D22 and GQ ute following, so at the bottom we stopped for a chat. The D22 and GQ had been stuck out overnight on a track off Champion Spur - and after two hours of winching they got out!
We stuck to the Mansfield - Woods Point Road and headed for Kevington - what a great drive.
A burger and beer at the Kevington Pub we decided to camp there for the night - $5-00 per person.
We had great fire going and enjoyed the site on the river. A few drinks in the pub then back to the fire.
Tuesday saw us head to Pollettii Tk - Mt Terrible Tk - Ryan Spur Tk - Corn Hill Track and popped out near Matlock on the Warburton - Woods Point Rd. We then headed for home down Thompson Jordan Dived Road.
This day gave us some good driving - there were off shoots on Mt Terrible Tk that gave some good challenges and some very steep climbs - all good fun.
The only damage for the trip was a bent side step on my D22 and some ruined egos when this 'old bloke' whipped the youngsters on the pool table and at Carlton Draught trivia (from under the caps off stubbies).
This trip was a great opportunity to check out some well known spots and do a bit of recon for later trips. The weather was pretty wet and some tracks were slippery and we were all glad we took the advice of those who had gone before us. Lots of plans made for future mods to our D22's and future trips.

Ya gotta love this stuff!

Some pics attached with more to come later once they are sent to me.

Attachments

• DSCF7061.jpg
    DSCF7061.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF7063.jpg
    DSCF7063.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF7069.jpg
    DSCF7069.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF7073.jpg
    DSCF7073.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF7079.jpg
    DSCF7079.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
A couple more pics.

Attachments

• DSCF7082.jpg
    DSCF7082.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF7087.jpg
    DSCF7087.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF7088.jpg
    DSCF7088.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF7062.jpg
    DSCF7062.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
sounds like you had a great weekend ridgie.

Scottybobcat and myself did some tracks up north of healesville on the saturday. Tracks were very slipery in the morning, then the rain came at lunch time and made the same track impassable in the rain.

Woody - I read through your posts/pics & vids - looked very wet.

Last edited:
I have the same 2 photos on my computer from when we stayed in the hut at Mt Terrible.Did you stay in the hut.It is great up there.
Sounds like you had a good weekend.

Great weekend. We didn't stay in the hut - we came across it on the way home. Next time we plan to go in the opposite direction and stay in the hut. The view is unreal.

Great weekend. We didn't stay in the hut - we came across it on the way home. Next time we plan to go in the opposite direction and stay in the hut. The view is unreal.

Ihave been up there a couple of times.Once on a boys weekend and the other with the family.The views are sensational and when you get th fire going in the hut its like a sauna.There are some great tracks up and around the hut.Some not for the faint hearted.

Back