VNOG - forum meet up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgie

Reaction score
ALL VICTORIANS - VNOG - forum meet up - 11/12 December.

Howdy - thought we should have a go at a Victorian Navara Owners Group meet up day.

A great chance to put faces to names and rigs.

A great opportunity to swap stories and advice.

Nothing better than seeing what others have done to get some inspiration happening.

Looking at the weekend of 4 and 5 December. (WHOOPS - SEE MY MESSAGE BELOW ABOUT A CHANGE OF DATE)

I am very open to any suggestions for a location or structure to the meet up. However I do think it needs to be reasonably close to Melbourne so as to attract greater numbers. Really - anywhere that has plenty of room and opportunities for camping overnight - and toilets for the ladies!

Personally - I would prefer somewhere were dogs are allowed so we can take the well behaved mutts if we want. (My initial thoughts of Bunyip State park were squashed due to the no dogs rule).

Kurth Kiln Regional Park fits the bill - I don't know it at all so will go for a drive on the weekend and see what is at the camp ground.

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources05/05_0358.pdf

I figure we will need a bit of room for all the Navs that turn up!

Possibility of meeting up on Saturday and those who wish can camp overnight.

So..................what do we think? :feedback:

Last edited:
getting the wife to check the calander :cheers!:

hmm ... it appears that we have a function to attend on the saturday ...

but i wonder if i can talk the wife into going up right after the day function (the proposed location is close enough at least) for an overnighter.

Kurth Kiln has one large camp area, usually taken by the Scouts, horse riding clubs etc most weekends, there are other smaller area's. I've never camped there myself, looks OK, but usually very busy like most sites that close to Melb.
Best thing is it's only 20mins from the Gembrook pub if it rains. There are other camp sites near by, Nash Crk and Dyers Crk, but no doggies allowed.

FYI. I'm actually in the process of designing and building a modern day replica of the Kurth(pronounced Kurt) Kiln.

Whoa up fellas! I've made a blew.

In my enthusiasm I forgot I have a work Xmas break up at the Stoney Creek Races on 4 December and I doubt I will be able to drive to Kurth Kiln after that!!!!

How are you for 11 and 12 December? I know it's close to xmas with parties/functions/family stuff -so if the majority agrees we could reschedule for January.

Alternatively we could do December and have another in 2011.

Thoughts please!

:santaclaus:

Last edited:
i think i got the MRS talked into going ... we probably head up on Friday late arvo and secure some camping spots for those that wanna come up to play 4x4'ing ...

scotty ... it started out as being 4th/5th

then the alternative of 11th/12th came up ... (which suits us better)

we are available to head up on frid 10th late in the arvo, set up to try to reserve some space for those wanting to come up for an overnighter ...

i think i got the MRS talked into going ... we probably head up on Friday late arvo and secure some camping spots for those that wanna come up to play 4x4'ing ...

Cheers Woody - that sounds great.

Let's lock in the 11th & 12th at Kurth Kiln Camp Ground in the Kirth Kiln Park.

The list of attendees for this date so far are:
Heata,
Scottybobcat,
Navarian,
WoodyD40,
Ridgie.

Next step - post up whether you are camping or just a day trip on Saturday for lunch.

I will be camping Saturday night.

Anyone else ?? C'mon - have a go and enjoy the Nav discussions. :welcome:

Cheers,
Darren.

I'll be camping.If i can get away early friday i'll camp friday and saturday nights.
So friday night maybe,saturday night for sure.

Latest posts

Back