sat nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodski

Reaction score
Hi,
Having bought a Nissan Navara Platinum on Monday and having been mislead that it had the same spec as the` Long way down` in that it would have sat nav as standard I was very dissappointed.
I complained and have been told that it is not possible to retro fit it as the NATS system does not match.Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the entire central facia with either a brand new or second hand part ?

Woodski

Sound like a U.K. Navara.

In the U.S. we can add a portable navigation ducking station
L_6935.jpg

I'v just brought a 2yo old nav from a dealer and they are trying to sell my a built in sat nav system, it's not theirs but provided by Motor One electronics

Plenty of satnav options....

Do you want topgraphic mapping capability or just street level mapping?

As the D40 has a double DIN sized stereo its a very simple matter of replacing the factory unit with a mapping capable unit. Brands like VMS spring to mind, although there are a myriad of brands available. Just depends whether you require full off-road or just street level mapping.

Just remember at lot of the cheap Chinese units are too deep for the D40 dash, the antenna connection for the GPS fouls on the tubular cross member

Latest posts

Back