D40 Slide On Camper

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigzi

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just thought id throw a topic out there.

I have found a place that builds Slide On Campers for the back of my D40 Dual cab ute. The good thing about this particular manufacturer is that as my ute has a tub style tray, they still manage to fit a toilet and shower in it, (a luxury not usally included in other brands of slide on dual cab tub campers)

The Camper is a soild style, (not pop-top), and includes a Shower, toilet, stove, sink, double bed, fridge, gas bottle, HWS and even a washing mashing. As well as the standard features like lights, windows, doors, vents, upholstery ect...

Just wondering if anyone else was interested in purchasing a Slide on Camper for the back of their Nav and whether they have found a good one yet?

Cheers!

Usually they look tacky and overly bulky. Slide-on campers have the disadvantage of leaving your campsite empty if you have to wander off for a little bit too, so someone else can take it.

However, they're a big plus for the go-anywhere types. And having a shower and toilet makes it awesome - I wonder how they fit all that in what is really a tiny space, given you have to have a stove and dining table and fridge as well!

Can we see any pics?

The good thing about them is that they have four corner jacks mounted on the side of the camper which means you just stop the truck at you camp site, jump out and rise the jacks then drive away. The jacks support so the camper is total free standing and you can leave it there locked up while you tour around with the truck. Good HEY!

Sorry mate, no pictures yet but im working on it. as soon as i get some pictures ill put them straight up.

Yea there isnt the room you could get say out of a caravan but a plus is you can still tow something like a boat behind it if need be too.

Really keen on them lol

And having a shower and toilet makes it awesome - I wonder how they fit all that in what is really a tiny space, given you have to have a stove and dining table and fridge as well!

Maybe they use a Toilet + Shower + Sink combo & heating up the HWS with the stove whilst cooking a steak?? Best part would be u can shit shower and shave all at the same time! :idea:

Maybe they use a Toilet + Shower + Sink combo & heating up the HWS with the stove whilst cooking a steak?? Best part would be u can shit shower and shave all at the same time! :idea:

If that wasn't funny, I'd puke. But it's hell funny, so the laptop is saved again! :sarcastic:

I wish the emoticon for "sarcastic" was not called that. It's a giggly emoticon that fits the mood right now, and no sarcasm intended.

I'm interested in seeing how the hell they fit all this in the back of a dual cab without having a poptop section for the bed over the cab of the vehicle. Pics please. what sort of $$$ for something like this. I've been thinking about building one.

slide on camper

We have just purchased a Northstar slide on camper [made in Penrith] for our D40 - Very compact and has all the things that we need. Decided to go with a pop top version so looking forward to taking delivery in the next 3 months or so. Jeanw

Hi guys,

Just thought id throw a topic out there.

I have found a place that builds Slide On Campers for the back of my D40 Dual cab ute. The good thing about this particular manufacturer is that as my ute has a tub style tray, they still manage to fit a toilet and shower in it, (a luxury not usally included in other brands of slide on dual cab tub campers)

The Camper is a soild style, (not pop-top), and includes a Shower, toilet, stove, sink, double bed, fridge, gas bottle, HWS and even a washing mashing. As well as the standard features like lights, windows, doors, vents, upholstery ect...

Just wondering if anyone else was interested in purchasing a Slide on Camper for the back of their Nav and whether they have found a good one yet?

Cheers!

slide on camper

OOPs I think I replied in the wrong spot. Anyway.. we have bought us a Northstar slide on camper for our Nissan Navara X cab. Manufactured in Penrith. Went for the poptop version and looking forward to taking delivery in a a few months. Slide ons are a bit like hens teeth although we have a 23 year old Classic which we have had on various 2wd and now the Nissan till we get the new one. Other Navara owners might care to take a look at Northstar's website. Jeanw

Unless smoking too many reefers has lead them to spell badly yes it would be refrigerator.

I'm still interested in whether they replace the back springs or something as part of the price because surely something like that would be more than Nissan recommend on the arse end of the ute.

It's 600-odd kg, Krafty, and standard springs can hold about 150kg. If they don't put heavier springs in, the ute's gonna sag like mad. Been there, done that, got the pic to prove it too.

For $28K (it's brand new) it runs about half the cost of a brand new caravan, has a shower/toilet (which a roof-top tent doesn't have) and doesn't have to be towed, so a top-end trip would be a dream in it.

My preference is to tow, of course, and I really prefer the full caravan to anything else simply because of the convenience.

But these things aren't bad - I'm assuming they're pop-top, but that doesn't stop you from pulling into a rest area on the Stuart Highway and having a sanger and a coldie while you gaze at the salt lakes before continuing.

07-LakeHartSA.jpg

I'm actually suprised they are only 600kg, there is a fair bit too them and they must play merry hell with fuel economy (if I hear someone with one of these installed bitch that Nissan can't make an economical Navara I'll commit hari kari) but still each to their own I'm sure they suit some people to a tee.

On a side note that pic above looks like a really bad photoshop edit, the blue sky looks like it was added to the pic by an amateur, or the photographer was under a shade and didn't realise it...interesting how some pics come out.

I'm actually suprised they are only 600kg, there is a fair bit too them and they must play merry hell with fuel economy (if I hear someone with one of these installed bitch that Nissan can't make an economical Navara I'll commit hari kari) but still each to their own I'm sure they suit some people to a tee.

On a side note that pic above looks like a really bad photoshop edit, the blue sky looks like it was added to the pic by an amateur, or the photographer was under a shade and didn't realise it...interesting how some pics come out.

I've attached the original photo as it came off my HTC phone (5MPx camera). The picture above was indeed edited - to reduce it from 2592x1552px down to 640x383 to make it more forum-friendly. No colour adjustments were made unless the process of JPGing did it.

What you see in the immediate foreground is what was in my immediate background and surrounds. We're talking flat, flat, flat and bloody hot, hot, hot. There was no shade.

But it's an experience my wife and I want to do again.

Attachments

• IMAG0206.jpg
    IMAG0206.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 57
JPG is a form of compression and it will change the image slightly but not that dramatically it's just looks like half a filter has been applied. I like shots like that which depending on the aspect you look at it it can change the whole photo.

Back