compare some suspension parts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zonda232

Reaction score
the 3 inch lift kit
tough dog or rancho shock absorber, which one should i go for?

rear shackles and blocks, which one is better?

trying to get the best set up.

cheers

Well lifted or extended shackles are illegal in most states anyway now so that counts them out
Stock springs are crap anyway so blocks will retain that crap performance just give you a little lift.

As to the front it will depend on your truck and what you have installed or plan to install.

I wouldn't fit either to my truck, But lift blocks are legal, the extended shackle's aren't.

Then again neither is a 3" lift without a Engineers cert.

In the US the guys run what they call a Race Pack with is a 10 leaf spring set that gives 2" to 3" of lift. Now dont ask me how they do it but they actually say that its softer than most normal upgraded spring sets. The down side is how do you get a decent spring set that isnt rock hard but only give 40mm of lift.

ive got tough dog shocks and there been great and ive been told that rancho shock are no longer made in the US so the quality has dropped.

if bought the 3 inch kit. how can we lower it to 2 inch?
which brand is cheaper and gives the same result as the good ones?

Higher leaf springs are the best option and higher springs are not necessarly stiffer, just have more curve set in them. Extended shackels and lift blocks are just piss poor shortcuts. I am not sold on the replacement UCA's as a lot of money for very little lift although some trucks may not get their wheel allignment within spec when lifted with origional UCA's. You can get a fair bit of lift out of the torsion adjustment. I fitted the medium toughdog springs anf foamcell shocks and wound up my stock torsion bars and got about 70mm lift because the stock stuff had sagged so much. The medium leaves flex well and arn't too harsh and winding the stock torsion bars up increased the height and spring rate and I have heard that aftermarket torsion bars can get harsh when wound up for extra lift, and the foamcell shocks work well not fading over corrigations and fast bouncy tracks and not too harsh on road. I think adjustable shocks are a gimmick for anything outside of motorsport and there is a miscoseption that you can adjust shocks to carry heavy loads which is bull as springs carry the load. Hope this helps you sort through all the options out there as those companies well try to sell all sorts of stuff and catch many people out with their spin, do heaps of research and ask heaps of questions before laying down your money. Also, send a PM to ZORDO on this forum, he sells suspension from home and he knows his stuff and is a fair dinkim bloke not a big company so won't try to sell you something you don't need.

Cheers

Back