Tyre pressure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey mate, you should request a cooper tyre guide (4WD Driver's Guide) from Cooper.

Cooper Tires - Free Info Pack

they say "BITUMEN - 32-38 psi for standard size tyres, use pressures specified on your vehicles placard. Higher pressures will be required when carrying heavy loads."

the booklet is well worth getting.

Why is it that tyre places and Nissan seem to pump them up alot higher when I get the old girl serviced or wheel rotation etc?

Why is it that tyre places and Nissan seem to pump them up alot higher when I get the old girl serviced or wheel rotation etc?

So they wear out quicker....

not as safe neither as the 'footprint' is less tyre on the tar.

I run 42 psi front and rear in my coppers, and get very even wear across the tyre, maybee 40 or 38 in rear if no load.

Most places pump them up too hard because the average joe wont check his tyres between services. If you walked around a shopping center i guarantee 70% or cars would have some bald or underinflatted tyres fitted, actually probably even more then that.

I haven't got Coopers but if I parked in your carpark and you were checking mine I'd be in that 70%, I've never run tyres higher than 38 no matter what sort they were. But each to there own

I ran 38 front and rear for the first 10k and found more wear in the centre on all 4 tyres.

Am now running 32 frt & 35 rear no load and see how that wears.

Back