cracked bullbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06dx22

Reaction score
Well i was fitting my new 9000 2 speed today, atleast i would have if my GENUINE Nissan steel bullbar wasnt cracked all the way through on both sides where its bolted to the car, i reckon it was about 1 month of falling of by itself, so weld and brace it is, tomorrow now.......but what a piece of crap, or just a lemon? only done 50,000, 5,000 on rough roads, any 1 else had an issue?

Well i will post picks when i ask the wife how to compress them, but it will be of the repaired bar cos i just finished welding it all up and bracing it, but it was 100% cracked all the way through at both mounting points on both sides, i could actually move the bar with it still bolted on, im very lucky i reckon, what a frigin mess it would make if it fell of during everyday driving.

Ah ok cool. I usually get my brother or mate to weld stuff.

I really should learn one day.

Dave.

Leaving a slight gap will do the same job Dave, although a bullbar would probably be a couple of mm thick max, so a decent welder won't have any trouble getting penetration.

I can wire stuff up easy enough and rebuild cylinder heads but metal work has never been a speciality.

Id be happy with 10% of Deadly (Dave) and Matt's skills.

Dave.

Dave wiring stuff up doesn't mean twisting two wires together and covering them in duct tape :eviltongue:

Na I use to work for a electrician a few years back.

If all goes well I might be doing it again next year sometime.

I dont mind telecommunications but like electrical work better.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back