Thai built 5" Lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herb89

Reaction score
Hi fellas, I just want to know if anyone on this forum has fitted a calmini 5" lift to a Thai built D40 dualcab. I have seen a couple of King cabs which are thai built on the net with 5" lifts but the only 5 inch lift I can find all say they are only to suit spanish built trucks

One of the reasons would be the kit is made by Calmini for the D40 Frontier . The D40 ST-X (Spanish Built) is very close to being the same truck . You could try calling Snake Racing who sell the kit to see if it will fit the Thai Build trucks

have a look at vanguard also. he's got a king cab and has the calmini 5" kit on top of a 2" body lift. obviously can be done and looks bloody awesome.

shero

Can be done but not by the home mechanic. You need to offset bore the top hole to accept a larger ball joint on the spindle arm. And a heap of stuff doesnt bolt up but can be modified if ya keen.

I've seen a couple of D40s that have been worked by Cal Off Road (Cal Offroad Home), including the Mickey Thompson ute and they seem to do a pretty good job. Might be a bit far to Berridale for some folks though :)

Well, the Calmini kit needs some improvement as it comes out of the box.

The front 5" spacers are not anything special and only move the stock shocks 5" lower, thus no extra front suspension travel is gained nor suspension performance compared to an extended coilover particularly made for this suspension. (Calmini sells these coilovers at their site, in fact it's better to get these coilovers as a package with the rest of the suspension cause you get a better price).

For even better off-road performance the front sway bar can be removed (better articulation) but this cannot be done with the stock front shocks/coils, aftermarket coilovers such as Radflos or Calmini ones are required.

Now for the rear

The blocks featured in the kit don't offer comfort or travel just height, not to mention that blocks & shackles (also included in the kit) are widely considered to be the cause of axle wrap.
This means that in order to improve things for the rear one will need either an AAL together with the shackles (ditching the blocks) or even better a full custom 5" leafpack.

Note: I've been running my 2" AALs and 1" extended shackles (PRG suspension) and so far articulation, comfort and performance are still great after two years.

I think this sums it up more or less. If anyone wants to add something I might have forgotten please do so.

Latest posts

Back